Tutor in Business Education, Program Support Specialist
Role type: Full time; Fixed-term for 3 years
Faculty: Faculty of Business and Economics
Department/School: Williams Centre for Learning Advancement
Salary: Level A – $77,171 – $104,717 p.a. plus 17% super
The University of Melbourne would like to acknowledge and pay respect to the Traditional Owners of the lands upon which our campuses are situated, the Wurundjeri and Boon Wurrung Peoples, the Yorta Yorta Nation, the Dja Dja Wurrung People. We acknowledge that the land on which we meet and learn was the place of age-old ceremonies, of celebration, initiation and renewal, and that the local Aboriginal Peoples have had and continue to have a unique role in the life of these lands.
About - The Williams Centre for Learning Advancement (WCLA)
The Williams Centre for Learning Advancement (WCLA) in the Faculty of Business and Economics was established to enrich and support staff in the delivery of excellent learning experiences for students of the faculty. The unit combines the following three functions:
- Academic staff development and support in relation to teaching and learning
- Development of learning resources for staff
- Research in the teaching and learning of the disciplines of the Faculty
To find out more, please see: http://fbe.unimelb.edu.au/wcla
About the Role
The WCLA seeks to appoint a fixed term Tutor in Business Education: Program Support Specialist (Teaching Specialist) with the capacity to teach in the area of teaching excellence (encompassing curriculum development and assessment). The successful applicant will be a committed and engaging educator.
In this position, your primary responsibility will be the co-coordination of the professional development programs within the WCLA: The Tutoring in Business Education (TBE) program, The Advanced Teaching in Business Program (ATB) and the Professional Development Workshops. This role will support the coordinators of these programs and have the opportunity to teach workshops.
- Undertake program coordination support duties for our Tutoring in Business Education and Advanced Teaching in Business programs, including the updating of LMS sites and program materials, the CTRS database, and the selection and supervision of sessional tutors as required
- Contribute to the design, development, implementation and evaluation of exemplary learning and teaching resources as required
- Liaise with central Information and Technology Services (ITS), Learning Environments (LE) team, the Faculty’s Academic Support Office and other relevant Units in relation to learning and teaching where necessary
- Maintain and continuously develop professional knowledge and skills by keeping up to date with new developments relevant to the role.
You will demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and as a member of a team. You will bring excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage one's own time effectively, administer multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines successfully.
You will also have:
- Completion of a master’s degree and/or enrolment in a Doctoral degree, either in higher education or a business-related discipline or equivalent relevant academic or professional or practice-based experience and expertise.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in teaching in higher education.
- Demonstrated experience in curriculum and subject material development.
- A demonstrated ability to maintain good working relationships and professionalism with all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to interpret and understand policies and procedures relevant to teaching.
To ensure the University continues to provide a safe environment for everyone, this position requires the incumbent to hold a current and valid Working with Children Check.
Please note: To be considered for this role you must have current valid work rights for Australia.
About the University
The University of Melbourne is consistently ranked amongst the leading universities in the world. We are proud of our people, our commitment to research and teaching excellence, and our global engagement.
Benefits of Working with Us
In addition to having the opportunity to grow and be challenged, and to be part of a vibrant campus life, our people enjoy a range of rewarding benefits:
- Flexible working arrangements, generous personal, parental and cultural leave
- Competitive remuneration, 17% super, salary packaging and leave loading
- Free and subsidised health and wellbeing services, and access to fitness and cultural clubs
- Discounts on a wide range of products and services including Myki cards and Qantas Club
- Career development opportunities and 25% off graduate courses for staff and their immediate families
To find out more, visit https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits.
We value the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community and encourage and celebrate diversity. First Nations people, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, females, people of all ages, with disabilities and culturally and linguistically diverse people are encouraged to apply. Our aim is to create a workforce that reflects the community in which we live.
If you feel this role is right for you, please submit your application including a brief cover letter, your resume and your responses against the selection criteria^ (found in the Position Description) for the role.
^For information to help you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria and competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
We are dedicated to ensuring barrier free and inclusive practices to recruit the most talented candidates. If you require any reasonable adjustments with the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position description: 0039788_Tutor in Business Education_Program Support Specialist.pdf
Applications close: Sunday 11 December 2022 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time