Assistant Professor, Food Science, CAVM
The Department of Food Science at the United Arab Emirates University invites applicants for a full-time faculty position in Food Process Technology at the rank of Assistant/Associate/Full Professor. Qualified candidates at all levels will be considered at a rank commensurate with academic accomplishments. Screening of applications will continue until the position is filled. The activities of the successful candidate will encompass both research and teaching (graduate and undergraduate level) in the field of food process technology, with service duties as needed. The candidate will collaborate with nutritionists, food chemists, and sensory specialists for developing new food products and processes. The candidate must develop a competitive and internationally visible research program, while closely interacting with stakeholders and industry
Ph.D. in Food Processing/Technology/Engineering, or a related field. Documentation of high-quality original research publications in reputed international journals is an expectation. Experience in teaching graduate and undergraduate level courses in these disciplines is required. A track record of mentoring graduate students, evidence of competitive extramural grants, and the ability to successfully collaborate with research groups internally and externally are essential. An added experience of working in sensory and consumer science will be an advantage.
Please submit as a single PDF file the following:
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- Letter of intent with background, relevant qualifications, and work philosophy
- A statement of research accomplishments and interests
- A statement describing teaching experiences
- Names and contact information (email) of 3-4 references (letters will be requested after the first screening of applications)
- Teach and develop undergraduate and graduate courses in the area of food processing/technology
- Demonstrated record of publications in leading international scientific journals in the area of food processing/technology
- Ability to supervise capstone graduation project in the area of Food processing/technology/engineering
- Strong communication skills and ability to work collegially and collaboratively with diverse internal and external constituencies
- Willing to join at the beginning of Spring 2023
Candidates with relevant industrial experience in addition to academic experience are strongly encouraged to apply. Applicants with an H-index of 12 or higher will be preferred for Assistant Professor, 18 or higher for Associate and 25 and higher for Full professor.
Division College of Agricul.&Veterinary Med.
Department Food Science - (CAVM)
Job Close Date open until filled
Job Category Academic - Faculty
More searches like this
- Agriculture, Food & Forestry Academic Posts jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Agriculture, Food & Forestry Professors / Chairs jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Agriculture, Food & Forestry Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Agriculture, Food & Forestry Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in United Arab Emirates