Research Associate, Centre for Maritime Studies
- Estimate future emissions from international shipping under different scenarios
- Monitor the ongoing emission reduction measures/policies in international shipping
- Develop simulation model for impact assessment
- Analyse the potential impacts from various combinations of emission reduction measures, adoption of zero-carbon fuels, and/or emission reduction regulations
- Contribute to research publications and funding proposals
- Assist with the administration and management of research project, including preparation of presentations and other tasks assigned by the PI.
- Possess a Master’s degree or above in industrial systems engineering, management of technology, maritime engineering, systems engineering, or other related quantitative research fields.
- A good understanding and interest in the nature of international shipping and energy usage in international shipping
- Relevant research experience in emission projection, especially in the maritime industry
- Preferably with strong modelling and programming skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.