Senior Tutor (Teaching Specialist) in French Studies
Job no: 0057640 (2 x positions available)
Role type: Full time; Continuing
Faculty: Faculty of Arts
Department/School: School of Languages and Linguistics
Salary: Level A – $77,171 – $104,717 p.a. plus 17% super
The University of Melbourne would like to acknowledge and pay respect to the Traditional Owners of the lands upon which our campuses are situated, the Wurundjeri and Boon Wurrung Peoples, the Yorta Yorta Nation, the Dja Dja Wurrung People. We acknowledge that the land on which we meet and learn was the place of age-old ceremonies, of celebration, initiation and renewal, and that the local Aboriginal Peoples have had and continue to have a unique role in the life of these lands.
About the Faculty of Arts
The Faculty of Arts is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion and strongly encourages people with diverse experiences to apply. This includes First Nations people, culturally and linguistically diverse people, Deaf and hard of hearing people, people with a disability, LGBTIQ+, and neurodiverse people. If you have any accessibility requirements for the application or interview, please contact us. We are dedicated to ensuring barrier-free and inclusive practices to recruit the most talented candidates. A position description is available in alternate formats if required, including USB, Large Print and Plain English.
The Faculty actively seeks to welcome and value the unique contributions of people from all backgrounds and is committed to diversity and inclusion practices to achieve our vision.
About the Role
The French Studies Program seeks to appoint two Senior Tutors (Teaching Specialists) in French Studies on a full-time continuing basis from 3 January 2023 to teach and coordinate subjects in the area of French Studies (80%) and to undertake other academic activities (20%) such as research, leadership and service, and/or student engagement and support as determined in discussion with the Program Convenor.
- Subject coordination and delivery in French Studies including development of new, and ongoing review of subject material at all levels; marking and assessment; team teaching and supervision of fixed-term and sessional tutors; student consultation; and other administrative tasks associated with the subjects taught
- Preparation and delivery of lectures, tutorials and seminars as appropriate and in line with Faculty of Arts minimum thresholds for quality of teaching
- Participation in teaching into collaborative subjects within the European Studies Program in the School of Languages and Linguistics as appropriate
You will have native or near-native competence in French and English and be a committed and engaging educator. You will have the ability to work in a team environment and to work collaboratively in team-taught subjects and the capacity to develop and maintain productive working relationships.
You will also have:
- Ability to teach French language and culture subjects at all levels from A1 to C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) (on-campus and online delivery)
- Evidence of excellence in teaching of the French language and culture at university level, at either undergraduate or graduate levels
To ensure the University continues to provide a safe environment for everyone, this position requires the incumbent to hold a current and valid Working with Children Check.
Please note: To be considered for this role you must have current valid work rights for Australia.
About the University
The University of Melbourne is consistently ranked amongst the leading universities in the world. We are proud of our people, our commitment to research and teaching excellence, and our global engagement.
Benefits of Working with Us
In addition to having the opportunity to grow and be challenged, and to be part of a vibrant campus life, our people enjoy a range of rewarding benefits:
- Flexible working arrangements, generous personal, parental and cultural leave
- Competitive remuneration, 17% super, salary packaging and leave loading
- Free and subsidised health and wellbeing services, and access to fitness and cultural clubs
- Discounts on a wide range of products and services including Myki cards and Qantas Club
- Career development opportunities and 25% off graduate courses for staff and their immediate families
To find out more, visit https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits.
We value the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community and encourage and celebrate diversity. First Nations people, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, females, people of all ages, with disabilities and culturally and linguistically diverse people are encouraged to apply. Our aim is to create a workforce that reflects the community in which we live.
If you feel this role is right for you, please apply with your CV and cover letter outlining your interest and experience. Please note that you are not required to provide responses against the selection criteria in the Position Description.
We are dedicated to ensuring barrier free and inclusive practices to recruit the most talented candidates. If you require any reasonable adjustments with the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Applications close: Thursday 1 December 2022 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time