Employability Tutor (HE)
Salary: £32,348 - £34,308 per annum
Contract Type: Permanent, Full-time
Closing Date: 03-01-2023 12 Midday
Hired provides careers, employability and placement services to our students. We currently have a vacancy for an Employability Tutor supporting both placement provision for new HE courses and building employability and career management skills to deliver positive graduate outcomes:
- Focussing on the Engineering, Digital and Construction sector, you will organise placements, mentor students on placement, provide CV assistance, maintain databases, support with open days and effectively promote the University through a variety of mediums.
- Supporting final year HE students across all UCB courses by delivering coaching and careers support.
- You will also develop strong links with UCB Schools and Departments regarding the service, as well as engage directly with employers to source and develop partnership and placement opportunities.
The successful candidate will have knowledge of supporting students, either into placements/work experience, or have recent industry experience relevant to STEM subjects or specifically Engineering, Digital and Construction, in addition to experience in a client-facing role.
You will have excellent communication and organisation skills, the ability to work with a diverse range of clients, and proficiency in administration and the use of IT. To be successful in this application, you will possess a minimum level 3 qualification.
Flexibility and a willingness to conduct placement visits off-site as required are essential.
- 38 days’ paid leave per year (26 days’ annual leave plus 12 bank holiday and concessionary days)
- Local Government Pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Excellent staff development opportunities
- Salary sacrifice car leasing, tech and cycle schemes
- Heavily-subsidised on-site car parking
- Hybrid Working Opportunities
- Free Gym Membership
- Employee Assistance Programme
Closing Date - Tuesday 3 January 2023 at midday.
UCB is an equal opportunities employer.
University College Birmingham is proud to have been voted UK University of the Year in the prestigious 2022 Whatuni Student Choice Awards. We are also the best university for Student Support. The awards are voted for by students showcasing the incredible relationships we foster here at University College Birmingham between Staff and Students.
UCB has a unique collaborative partnership with the University of Warwick (Ranked sixth in the 2022 Guardian League Tables and named the runner-up in the Times University of the Year 2022 and the Times University of the Year 2022 for Teaching Quality).
All applicants for employment at the University will be expected to demonstrate an understanding of the principles of Safeguarding and the PREVENT agenda in the context of further and higher education.