Multiple Fixed Term Positions | Full-Time
Higher Education Officer Level 8
$102,143 - $113,079 p.a.
Senior Manager, International Recruitment
About Flinders International
The Portfolio of the Vice-President & Pro Vice-Chancellor (International) has refreshed its structure to deliver future needs including strategic leadership to further enhance performance, strengthen capacity, whilst setting an ambitious strategy for 2023 and beyond! The Flinders International team lead the University’s international strategy in collaboration with the Senior Executive Team, Colleges, and Portfolios to ensure that internationalisation is integrated into the core university activities of teaching, research, and engagement. Comprised of three teams: International Recruitment, International Partnerships, and International Student Services. We recognise the key to our success is exceptional people. If you are a hardworking, dedicated professional, with a passion for students and global education - we want to hear from you!! If you can see yourself contributing to the ambitious agenda of Flinders International in a friendly, collegial, fun, and vibrant workplace - come join us!
About the Role
As the Regional Manager, you will oversee all aspects of marketing and international student recruitment for defined geographical region whilst also contributing to the broader objectives of the International Recruitment team. This will require you to develop, coordinate and implement strategic international student recruitment plans for designated markets and execute them to achieve University objectives. You will work with the wider International Recruitment Team, Marketing Team, and portfolio to represent Flinders internationally, whilst building relationships with various stakeholders (including recruitment agents and offshore partners). Encouraging your team to achieve results and foster a positive working culture, you will be responsible for supporting complete student acquisition through managing resources, compliance, and providing advice as required.
To be successful in this role you will be a competent team leader in an international environment. As a representative of Flinders internationally you understand the importance of cross-cultural communication and can foster excellent working relationships with strategic partners across the world. You are innovative in creating new business opportunities and understand the practices related to international student recruitment in higher education. Your experience in working in a performance-based team allows you to effectively utilise resources including budgets and technology.
Additionally, you can also demonstrate:
- Completion of a degree and extensive experience, preferably in the marketing area, or an equivalent combination of extensive relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Strong written communication skills.
- An ability to work with a high level of autonomy in an international environment.
- Experience in influencing stakeholders and partners associated to achieve recruitment targets.
Life at Flinders
We're transforming and investing in people and facilities to create contemporary, stimulating, and satisfying learning and work environments that reflect our core values of excellence, innovation, courage, and integrity. Flinders is refocusing its strategic priorities with the aim of elevating its performance to be a top ten Australian university, and amongst the top 1% in the world.
Reaching beyond the limits of buildings, borders, and backgrounds, ours is an inclusive culture that believes absolutely in equality and opportunity for all. We don't just accommodate differences; we embrace and celebrate them. So, why work at Flinders?
- 17% Superannuation + salary packaging options
- Flexible working arrangements
- Wide range of professional development activities and services
- We embrace diversity and promote equity and inclusion for all students and staff
- Vibrant campus life and amenities including on campus health care services, gym and childcare centre (Bedford Park, South Australia).
Prescribed Conditions for Employment
The position will require you to undertake interstate and international travel as required, including an expectation of working outside normal hours with restrictions on taking leave during peak work periods.
- A valid National Police Certificate which is satisfactory to the University will also be required before the successful applicant can commence in this position.
- Please note that you may be required to provide evidence that you are up to date with COVID-19 vaccinations, in line with the Flinders University COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
- It is a requirement of this position that the incumbent maintain a current Working With Children Check which is satisfactory to the University in accordance with the Child Safety (Prohibited Persons) Act 2016 (SA).
How to Apply and Information
- You are required to submit Suitability Statement of no more than 3 pages, addressing the Key Position Capabilities of the position description.
- For more information regarding this position, please contact Matt Schultz.
Please note, late applications and applications sent via agencies will not be accepted.
Please note, the University will be operating on limited staff over the Christmas period, returning to full capacity in the New Year. We appreciate your patience to allow for a timely and fair review of all applications during this time and will endeavour to provide an update as soon as possible.
Applications to be submitted before 11:59 pm:
04 Dec 2022
At Flinders we embrace and celebrate diversity and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and people of all ages, ethnicities, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities.