Senior Executive, Organisational Planning and Development / Talent Management
The Institute for Adult Learning (IAL), an autonomous institute of the Singapore University of Social Sciences, is at the forefront of building capabilities and continuing professional development for an effective, innovative and responsive TAE sector.
In this position the appointee will support and implement IAL’s initiatives and efforts to drive organisational development (OD) and capability building. The appointee will report to the Deputy Director, Organisational Planning and Development/Talent Management, with the following responsibilities.
- Assist with developing organizational strategies to foster and nurture the development of a continuous improvement organizational climate and an engaged workplace. This includes organising and implementing employee engagement programmes and communications, post-survey analysis and action plans, as well as talent management and development
- Support the organisational planning and curating programmes for team development that supports the institute’s mission, vision, strategic directions and talent retention
- Work collaboratively with SUSS HR teams to coordinate talent acquisition, review job descriptions, align talent management programs and processes, and implement leadership development programs to IAL
- Collect, analyse and monitor data and metrics to measure impact and effectiveness of manpower and development activities, and report to senior management
- Manage, maintain, track, update the skills inventory, and provide reports on skills gaps with recommendations for capability development
- Assist OPDTM team in administrative duties such as contracts admin, procurement, and contribute to the continuous improvement of the team, to improve processes and practices.
- Any other duties, including cross divisional projects and events, that may be assigned by the management from time to time to meet the needs of the organisation and changing environment, as well as for staff capability development
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in human resources or organisational development function.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills with attention to details,
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal direction from manager, sense of urgency pushing self and others for results to meet deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication and inter-personal skills, and able to work collaboratively as a team with other colleagues and stakeholders in a dynamic work environment
- A polytechnic diploma or a degree in any discipline. Candidates without the required qualifications but possess the relevant and extensive experience and required skills may also be considered.
- The successful appointee will be based in IAL Campus located at Lifelong Learning Institute next to Paya Lebar MRT station