Senior Manager (Stewardship and Events)
Advancement Office is seeking a Manager/Senior Manager who will be a strategic collaborator in heading the Stewardship department, to support stewarding SUSS donors.
The ideal candidate is a skilled relationship-builder, results-oriented, creative and enthusiastic while being extremely collaborative, organised and strategic.
The incumbent reports to the Director to implement strategies for success in stewarding the donors to meet the university’s priorities.
Stewardship & Donor Relations
- Responsible for excellent stewardship of donors and prospects to strengthen long-term relationships with donors.
- Work closely with fundraisers to cultivate relationships of individual and organisational giving with a focus on retention, recapture, and growth and to develop and maintain a coordinated approach in support of overall departmental and university-wide goals.
- Work with the various departments and provide support in generating regular donors’ reports on gift utilisation.
- Assist ADV Comms in the preparation of other regular or special reports for donors, including the Annual Giving Report.
- Ensure acknowledgement and recognition procedures are followed.
- Proactively identify, develop and deliver engagement opportunities to donors to ensure the maximisation of their financial and non-financial support.
- Responsible for start-to-end donor and prospect engagement events.
- Support donor-related events such as campus visits, presentations, ceremonies and convocation.
- Responsible for ensuring donations received are used as per donor intent.
- Work regularly with the fund owners to ensure good governance.
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 8 years experience in partnership, sales, and marketing roles involving multiple stakeholder engagement.
- Proactive, energetic personality who enjoys meeting with donors, and partners and multi-tasking between partners, various teams and key stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written skills and the ability to collaborate, build alliances and achieve results within a population that may possess competing interests, opinions, and /or expectations.
- Collaborative, energetic, self-motivated, and engaging professional with strong multi-tasking skills and sound judgment who can effectively and diplomatically work with diverse groups of alumni and donors, colleagues, members of the faculty, high-level administrators, volunteer leaders, and other constituents.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills; effective organisational skills and strong detail orientation; the ability to speak and present credibly and effectively about higher education and the goals and mission of the University.
- A high degree of customer service orientation, personal motivation and commitment to values that support the University’s philanthropic mission and vision.
- An ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality with respect to prospects and donors.
- Good knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and donor database software