Researcher for Department of Art History, Centre for Early Medieval Studies
Dean of the Faculty of Arts, Masaryk University announces an open competition for the position Researcher
Department: Department of Art History (Centre for Early Medieval Studies), Faculty of Arts, Masaryk University
Working hours: 0,5 part time)
Expected start date: .January 1, 2023
Number of open positions: 1
Deadline for applications: December 6, 2022
- Department of Art History, Faculty of Arts, Masaryk University, announces a selection procedure for the position of a post-doctoral researcher specialized in literary and linguistic studies of European courtly and civil cultures of the 14th century, and on their role in shaping intellectual discourses and collective identities. The position is announced for an ongoing three-year GAČR project: “At the Crossroads of Memories. Art and Representation in the 14th-century Venice”, undertaken at the Center for Early Medieval Studies, Department of Art History.
- The position is offered on a part-time basis of 0,5 (20 hours per week). The successful applicant will take up the position from January 2023 or as soon as possible after that date.
- to carry out research focused on the circulation and production of vernacular texts in late medieval Venice, as well as on linguistic interactions and literary exchanges within a broader cultural context (Adriatic space and Italian courts, in particular);
- to publish and present research results (articles, presentations at conferences, lectures for public, etc.).;
- to contribute to the research activities of the Centre for Early Medieval Studies.
Requirements for applicants:
- PhD in Romance Philology
- professional focus on the vernacular literary cultures of medieval West
- knowledge of the production and circulation of secular literature in late medieval Italy, with focus on texts dealing with antiquity, as well as on the interrelations between novels, historiography, and hagiography
- written and spoken knowledge of English; excellent written and spoken knowledge of Italian and French
- knowledge of medieval French, Italian, and Latin
- ability to clearly formulate research results
- ability to work in an international and interdisciplinary team
More information about the Department of Art History at:
Attachments to the application:
- cover letter
- structured curriculum vitae with an overview of previous practice
- education certificates (diploma copies)
How to apply:
Application with all required documents should be sent by e-application available below. Electronic application deadline is: Decembre 6, 2022.