Lecturer in Architecture and Design
Engineering Dr, Labrador QLD 4215, Australia Full-time
Creating a brighter future for all
Griffith University is a progressive, values-led university dedicated to learning, leadership, and innovation. This is your chance to help us achieve our vision to transform lives and add to human knowledge and understanding in a way that creates a future that benefits all.
Since opening in 1975, Griffith has grown from one campus and 451 students to become a comprehensive, multi-campus institution, with 50,000 students and more than 200,000 graduates.
School of Engineering and Built Environment
We are known for our high impact research, outstanding student experience, our commitment to social justice and our welcoming environment. We rank in the top 2% of universities worldwide and we’re proud of our remarkable achievements, of our people and their passion for making a positive difference. Together we contribute to the development of knowledge and learning in an attractive environment which values excellence, equity, diversity, and innovation.
We are currently looking for an experienced Lecturer in Architectural Design to be responsible for delivering design studios, supervising PhD research, undertaking impactful research and making a positive contribution to the Architecture, Design and Planning discipline. This role includes capacity for leadership in learning and teaching, research and industry engagement. Success in this role requires collaboration with the Architecture, Design and Planning discipline team, School of Engineering and Built Environment technical and administrative staff and the Architecture, Design and Planning industry.
Key requirements of this position include:
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and experience/leadership in teaching architecture and design, including studios and design research methods, at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, and a proven ability in the administration of University courses.
- Demonstrated experience/leadership in curriculum/program design and development and course convenorship and in particular architecture design studios and design research methods.
- Demonstrated capacity to supervise postgraduate research students to completion and in particular creative/practice based PhD candidates.
- Ability to conduct and publish quality traditional and non-traditional research outputs and or scholarship, with evidence of national and international impact.
- Demonstrated ability to attract research funding and undertake industry consultancies.
- Evidence of industry engagement to support learning and teaching and or research and or professional development.
- Research and teaching interests that relate to climate change and cultural awareness and the ability to transfer knowledge, envisage scenarios and produce innovate design solutions that shift/influence professional practice.
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills and the ability and commitment to work in a collegial manner and contribute to the positive culture and aspirations of the School and University including collaborating with other staff, participation on committees and School activities, and liaison with industry partners.
This is a full-time, continuing position based at the Gold Coast campus. Griffith is a multi-campus university and therefore it is understood that this position will work across campuses as required.
To be successful within this role, you will hold a Masters of Architecture and a PhD in the architecture and design discipline; creative/practice based PhD recipients are encouraged to apply.
In addition to the above, you will demonstrate:
- The ability to work both independently and within a team.
- The ability to take initiatives to achieve career objectives and goals.
- Leadership capabilities.
The base salary for a Lecturer (Level B) is in the range $100,137 - $118,916 per annum, plus 17% employer superannuation. The total package is in the range $117,160 - $139,132 per annum
How to Apply
Please submit your application online and ensure your application includes the following:
A covering letter outlining your suitability for the role, in particular addressing the Key Requirements listed in the Job Description as stated in this Job Advertisement.
Current curriculum vitae/resume which should include:
- Full name, address, telephone number and email address;
- Details of education, professional training and qualifications;
- Employment history, including present position and details of relevant professional, consulting or industry experience;
- Research interests and list of publications;
- Research grants awarded and any other relevant information, such as offices held in professional bodies, community services etc.
Obtain the position description by clicking on the Apply button. You will be redirected to the Griffith University job search page where you will be able to access the position description.
Visa sponsorship is possible for this appointment for candidates who do not hold valid Australian work rights.
What Griffith University Offers
- Flexible working options and genuine work-life balance
- Salary packaging options & corporate health discounts
- Generous leave entitlements including paid parental leave
Griffith University values diversity, inclusion and flexibility and we encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and people of all backgrounds to apply. For more information please visit our Equity, Diversity and Inclusion page.
Griffith's strategic goals are to also increase the proportion of women in senior academic and administrative roles and in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM).
For further information specifically about this role, please contact Professor Caryl Bosman, Discipline Head, Architecture, Design and Planning on +61 (0) 7 555 27721 or via email: email@example.com
For application support, please contact Liza Aburn, Talent Acquisition Officer on +61 (0) 7 373 53505 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday, 12 December 2022 at 5:00 pm AEST. All applications must be submitted online.