Lecturer, Disabilities and Inclusive Education
- Full time, Continuing
- Teaching and Research
- Position can be based at any La Trobe University campus
- Level B – Salary range $100,480 - $118,659 (dependent on experience) plus 17% superannuation
About the School of Education
The School of Education has a long and distinctive history of progressive and socially engaged teaching and research in education. The School provides for the professional preparation of teachers and educators in early childhood, primary, secondary, community, outdoor and higher education.
The School of Education is a core priority for the University and it has adopted an ambitious strategic plan that is intended to reinvigorate the School’s research and coursework portfolio and partnership collaborations with stakeholder groups and industry.
We deliver high quality programs designed around our Education Discipline Areas - Impactful Pedagogies; Learning Sciences; and Social Justice and Diversity. We lead problem-based research to enable change in education communities and we respond to regional, local and international communities. The School of Education drives the University strategy through direct links to our feeder schools and we are a source of leadership regarding the future of education. We are the core of La Trobe University’s regional offering and northern corridor schools and early childhood partners. The School of Education plays a leading role in La Trobe University’s engagement with government at both State and Federal levels via our role as thought leaders in education.
About the position
A Level B teaching and research academic is expected to develop curriculum, teach and undertake research or other scholarly work relevant to the development of their discipline or professional field.
The position holder will have knowledge and experience of delivering quality and evidence-based practice to support students with diverse needs, including developmental and acquired disabilities. They will contribute to a robust teaching and learning culture at La Trobe University. They will work with teams to deliver high quality curriculum and teaching experiences in inclusive education. The position holder will engage in research to inform their professional practices. They will have links to stakeholders and professional bodies to strengthen industry engagement and translational opportunities for research impact. They will demonstrate a program of research in inclusive education and disability studies and develop a research track-record of quality publications and grant submissions. With mentoring support, they will obtain necessary research funding from external funding sources.
Skills and Experience
- Develop, coordinate and teach a high-quality learning experience that engages students through the conduct of tutorials, practical classes, demonstrations, workshops, student field excursions, clinical sessions and/or studio sessions.
- Demonstrate a scholarly approach to learning and teaching and contribute to disciplinary teaching pedagogy and research.
- Keep abreast of innovations in teaching and learning in areas such as, online and blended delivery.
- Participate in innovative course level curriculum design, development and review.
- Contribute to a robust and ambitious research culture by participating in writing up research findings for publication and dissemination.
- With mentoring support, obtain necessary research funding from external funding sources.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
Welcome to Bundoora campus – Please click on the video link below:
Welcome Video - Victorian Regional campuses – Please click on the video link below:
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- On site child care facilities
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55 pm Wednesday 30th November, 2022
Position Enquiries: Professor Joanna Barbousas, Dean of Education, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone 03 9479 2190
Recruitment Enquiries: Vicki Stavrou, Senior Talent Acquisition Business Partner via email email@example.com, Phone 03 9479 5191
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up-to-date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.