Research Engineer, Synthetic Biology
We are seeking highly motivated researchers to join our group at the National University of Singapore to work in the rapidly development field of Synthetic Biology, including the development of engineered microbes for bioproduction of high value chemicals and development of automated high throughput methods. The purpose is to engineer cell factories for sustainable production of high value chemical in an eco-friendly manner. Our group @ NUS (https://engbio.syncti.org/) specializes in Synthetic Biology in which we engineer microbes with useful capabilities for biomedical and industrial applications and we are part of SynCTI at NUS (https://syncti.org).
The primary role of the research engineer/assistant is to work together with the senior researchers in the projects to assist in the engineering of the microbes. The research assistant is expected to work in a high interdisciplinary team.
The candidate will be primarily work on:
- Engineering and characterization of engineered microbes
- Assist in the development and execution of automated workflows for high throughput screening and analysis of proteins and engineered microbes.
- Present scientific and technical data in a clear and cohesive manner.
- Ensure scientific integrity and documentation of experimental data to meet standards suitable for intellectual property, and publication.
- To work closely with colleagues/collaborators who are engineering the microbes to develop the workflow.
- Possess a Bachelor degree in biomedical engineering/ bioengineering/biochemistry/chemical engineering/life science, or other related fields with relevant research experience.
- Basic understanding of synthetic biology
- Laboratory experience with molecular biology techniques.
- Good written, editing, and presentation skills required.
- Ability to work as part of a team, collaborating and -communicating effectively with members of other functional groups.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task and embrace change in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Position offered will commensurate with qualifications and experience of candidate.
- Open to fixed term contract.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department: Biomedical Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 17171