Lecturer, Department of Economics
Department: Department of Economics – Faculty of Economics and Administration
Deadline: 31 Dec 2022
Start date: February 2023 or later by agreement
Job type: part-time
Job field: Economics and finance
The Dean of the Faculty of Economics and Administration of Masaryk University invites applications for the following position: Lecturer for teaching key subjects provided by the Department of Economics
Are you looking for a new work challenge, independent and dynamic? Do you enjoy teaching and talking to students? Is time management and teamwork your strength? Our newly opened position is just for you! Join the enthusiastic, friendly team of the Department of Economics at ESF MU.
What will your job entail?
- teaching 3 seminar groups/semester in Czech and/or English in Microeconomics 1/2 and/or Macroeconomics 1/2 and/or Fundamentals of Econometrics
- participation in the state final examination committees in Czech and English.
- supervising final theses in Czech and English (optional)
What is our idea of a suitable candidate?
- completed Ph.D. or Ph.D. in progress in Economics or Economic Policy or a related field
- ability to teach in Czech and English,
- teaching experience is an advantage.
What do you get when you work with us?
- interesting, independent and responsible work in a prestigious university environment,
- professional team with a friendly atmosphere,
- background of a successful, stable and important institution with a pleasant working environment
- the opportunity to learn and develop,
- the possibility of foreign internships (teaching and research stays at partner universities, staff mobility training),
- 8 weeks leave,
- Employee benefits (meal allowance, pension contribution, use of the university libraries, educational and language courses, vaccination allowance, Multisport card, discounted tariffs with mobile operator and others),
- sports activities (Multisport Card, sports lessons organized by the Faculty of Sports Studies, teambuilding events).
How to apply?
In case you are interested in the offered position, please send your application with the required documents for the selection procedure by 31.12.2022 using the e-application form (please use the link "Electronic application" below).
Please also attach to your application:
- professional CV,
- overview of teaching practice,
- a motivation letter together with a vision of your own work in the department
- copies of evidence of qualifications.
Once your application has been successfully submitted, you will receive an automatic confirmation of acceptance by email.
Workplace: Faculty of Economics and Administration, Masaryk University, Lipová 41a, Brno, Czech Republic
Type of contract: Fixed-term, 3-year renewable contract
Working time: 0.3 (12 hours per week)
Number of vacancies: 2 - 4
Expected start: 1.2.2023, or by agreement
Application deadline: 31.12.2022
Further information can be obtained from the Head of the Department of Economics, Prof. Zdeněk Tomeš: email@example.com
We look forward to your interest!
doc. Mgr. Jiří Špalek, Ph.D.