University Assistant (PhD position)
- as soon as possible
- for 4 years
A new research group at the University of Innsbruck is active in the area of in-situ geosensors for natural hazard and monitoring applications. We work at the intersection of computer/data and geo-science and conduct highly competitive research with leading international partners. Furthermore we maintain various field sites for our research in the Alps and beyond.Main Tasks
- Research in the area of wireless in-situ geosensor networks and their applications in the area of natural hazards/monitoring especially in the Alpine cryosphere
- Scientific publications and presentations
- Teaching at Bachelor and Master level
- Co-supervision of BSc and MSc students
- Administrative tasks
- Completed Diploma or MSc in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Geo Sciences, Glaciology or related areas
- Motivation to work experimentally and in an interdisciplinary environment
- The research group is involved in various interdisciplinary reserach projects in Alpine environments - therefore Alpine skills and experience in the outdoors are not a pre-requisite for this position, but a plus
- Good English skills
- Team skills
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Abiltity to work independently
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
The full, legally binding call for application (in German) including the salary can be found here:
The University of Innsbruck is committed to raising the quota of female employees and therefore explicitly welcomes applications from qualified female scientists. In the case of female underrepresentation women with equal qualifications will be given priority.
In accordance with Austrian disability laws qualified people with special requirements are expressly encouraged to apply for jobs. For more information please contact the trusted representative for scientists with a disability at the University of Innsbruck, Dr. Adolf Sandbichler.