Senior Research Academic Fellow, Sydney Nursing School
- Full-time, 3 year fixed term contract
- Be a part of the development, testing, and implementation of theoretical frameworks for Person-centered research
- Base Salary starting from $138,645 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
Sydney Nursing School is ranked 7th in the world and produces graduates who have the critical thinking skills and nursing knowledge to provide the best care for people, wherever they are. We integrate teaching, research and scholarship, together with practice and policy development and engagement with all health professions. Many of our staff work in healthcare services, making a real difference to the healthcare landscape in Australia and internationally and making us ideally positioned to provide advice and consultancy across many key areas of nursing and midwifery.
The school is looking to appoint a Senior Research Fellow to undertake independent and collaborative research to lead on aspects of research strategy within the school. This position in the School of Nursing and Midwifery aligns closely with one of three key research themes led by the Head of School/Dean, Professor Brendan McCormack in person-centered practice and the development of person-centered cultures using implementation science methodologies.
Professor Brendan McCormack has been engaged in person-centred research and research into person-centredness for over twenty years and his research has been underpinned by the development, testing and implementation of theoretical frameworks for practice. The development of the Person-centred Nursing (PCNF) and Person-centred Practice Frameworks (PCPF) has spanned over 20 years of research, practice development and evaluation activities.
Professor McCormack proposes to build on this work to engage in further implementation research with a specific focus on determining outcomes from the adoption of person-centred approaches to healthcare practice.
Please click the below hyperlink for more information on Professor McCormack.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- lead the writing of competitive research grants with national and international partners and/or generate other research income by exploring diverse funding opportunities
- contribute to the writing of scholarly publications in impactful journals, producing other innovative and creative outputs, and presenting key research findings and outcomes at national and international conferences.
- engage in impactful research and provide leadership within the School and Faculty towards the furthering of the University's standing as an international leader in person-centred research.
- enhance existing research partnerships and develop new partnerships towards the creation of a Sydney University Research Network or Research Incubator.
- contribute to the development of students' knowledge and understanding of person-centredness by inputting to relevant undergraduate and master's units of study.
- participate in School and Faculty communication, engagement and governance processes.
- A PhD or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- proven track record of published work or other demonstrated scholarly activities
- in-depth understanding of Person-centredness, person-centred practice and person-centred research
- proven track record of research grant application writing
- demonstrated skills and experience in mixed methods research, with a strength in quantitative study design, data collection and analysis
- excellent oral and written, interpersonal and team communication skills
- experience using statistical software packages
- an established network of relationships with key academic, industry and professional institutions, partners, and stakeholders that can be leveraged to enhance the standing of the discipline, School/ Faculty and University
- a developing knowledge and understanding of the key strategic issues in the higher education sector.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Rachel Yazigi, Recruitment Operations, by email to Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Thursday 01 December 2022 11:59 PM
More searches like this
- Other Health & Social Care Academic Posts Australia jobs in Camperdown
- Other Health & Social Care Readers / Senior Research Fellows Australia jobs in Camperdown
- Other Health & Social Care Professional Services Australia jobs in Camperdown
- Other Health & Social Care Health & Medical Australia jobs in Camperdown