Research Assistant, Experimental Physics
The successful candidate will work with Assistant Professor Anjan Soumyanarayanan on Electrical Characterization of Spintronic Devices under a project on Spin-Orbit Technologies for Intelligence at the Edge (SpOT-LITE).
The main responsibilities of the position include:
- Setup and optimisation of Electrical Measurement Apparatus.
- Electrical and Magnetic Measurements and Analysis.
- Data interpretation and manuscript writing.
- Bachelors degree (with Honours) in Physics, Applied Physics, Electrical Engineering, Materials Engineering, or other related discipline.
- Background in solid-state, quantum, or materials/device physics.
- Experience with electrical or optical measurements and related instrumentation.
- Scientific programming for data acquisition, analysis, or simulation (e.g., LabVIEW, Python).
- Good team player, good communication skills and fast learner.
- Honours project experience in related topics would be preferred.
- Those with no experience are also welcome to apply.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Faculty of Science
Department : Physics
Job requisition ID: 16272