Research Fellow, Synthetic Biology
1 day left
- Full Time
We are seeking highly motivated researchers to join our group at the National University of Singapore to develop next-generation optogenetic based gene editors. Optogenetic is an exciting emerging technology which exploits the unique properties of light for biotech applications. Our group @ NUS (https://engbio.syncti.org) specializes in Synthetic Biology in which we engineer microbes with useful capabilities for biomedical and industrial applications and we are part of SynCTI at NUS (https://syncti.org). The project is funded by the MOE AcRF Tier 2 grant program.
The candidate will be primarily work on the development and optimization of optogenetic systems to control gene editing circuits.
- Develop and optimize multi-wavelength optogenetic systems
- Design next-generation sequencing (NGS) workflows
- Create and/or optimize novel gene-editing systems
- Present scientific and technical data in a clear and cohesive manner.
- Ensure scientific integrity and documentation of experimental data to meet standards suitable for intellectual property, and publication.
- To work closely with colleagues/collaborators who are engineering the microbes to develop the workflow.
- Possess a PhD degree in biochemistry/bioengineering/synthetic biology, or other related fields with relevant post-graduate research experience.
- Required Skills· Expertise in gene circuit design and optimization
- Expertise in optogenetics and CRISPR Base editors are highly preferred
- A demonstrated record of identifying and developing creative approaches to difficult problems.
- Strong writing, editing, and presentation skills required.
- Ability to work as part of a team, collaborating and communicating effectively with members of other functional groups.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task and embrace change in an extremely fast-paced environment. Salary will commensurate with experience of candidate.
- Open to fixed term contract.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Biomedical Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 16730