Research Assistant, Singapore Blockchain Innovation Programme (School of Computing)
1 day left
- Full Time
School of Computing at National University of Singapore is looking for Research Assistants to join the Singapore Blockchain Innovation Programme (SBIP). SBIP aims to build a collaborative and nationwide technical community, with the mission to advance blockchain technologies for businesses to be more competitive in the new digital economy.
- Conduct research in the area of blockchains, distributed systems and protocols, databases, and data processing.
- Work with Research Assistant Professors and Research Fellows to articulate blockchain research projects.
- Work with graduate students on blockchain research projects.
- Conduct large-scale experiments in distributed settings.
- Work with the SBIP technical team to integrate the research outcome into business-ready products and services.
- Minimum Bachelor's (preferred Master’s) degree in Computer Science with a focus on distributed systems/databases/blockchain.
- Experience in building distributed systems.
- Proficiency in at least one of the following languages: C/C++, Java, Python, Go, node.js.
- Proficiency in Linux-based OS command-line interface and scripting.
- Knowledge of database principles, networking, containers, and virtual machines.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students is one of our utmost priorities and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require significant amount of physical interactions with student / staff / public members. Even for job roles that can be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
With effect from 15 January 2022, based on Singapore’s legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able work at the NUS premises. As such, we regret to inform that job applicants need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated for successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: School of Computing
Department : Department of Computer Science
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 17125