Beamtree Associate Professor of Clinical Informatics and Data Science
- Lead outstanding research programs and deliver high quality teaching in a role funded by Beamtree
- Located within the School of Medical Science on the Camperdown/Darlington campus
- Full time, fixed term until January 2028. Base salary from $166,939K + Superannuation
About the opportunity
The aim of the School of Medical Sciences is to pursue a future in which health data and information are seamlessly integrated into biomedical discovery and the continuous improvement of health and healthcare. The School of Medical Sciences is seeking an Beamtree Associate Professor of Clinical Informatics and Data Science in a full-time research position.
The Beamtree Associate Professor of Clinical Informatics and Data Science will lead a program of research alongside experts in Biomedical Informatics and Digital in the School of Medical Sciences. The position is funded by Beamtree, the Australian company setting new standards in healthcare data to improve quality, safety, and efficiency around the world. The scope is to apply data science and AI methods to patient and administrative data. As an Associate Professor you will be recognised at an international level for expanding knowledge and translation of technology in health informatics and biomedical informatics broadly.
- have a PhD or equivalent in an academic field relevant to the discipline
- be acknowledged at an international level as influential in contributions to knowledge or translation in health informatics or biomedical informatics
- have experience in leading programs of research with external funding, and supervising or mentoring other academic staff and postgraduate students
- have made an outstanding contribution to governance and collegial life in the Faculty and University, and in a professional capacity outside the University.
Indicative areas of experience in research and translation may include:
- automated clinical record coding and classification services to improve the quality of clinical data and support clinical outcomes and financial efficiency
- real time data analytic and benchmarking applications to reduce adverse clinical events and support best value health care
- AI clinical decision support which automates clinical expertise to minimise data errors and provide real analysis and interpretation.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Sponsorship and relocation will be considered for this role.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role please contact Associate Professor Adam Dunn, School of Medical Sciences, firstname.lastname@example.org , or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Mariana Yousif, , email@example.com or Cherie Goodwin firstname.lastname@example.org
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Wednesday 07 December 2022 11:59 PM