Lecturer, Tembusu College
About Tembusu College
Tembusu College is one of the residential colleges at NUS University Town. Students live and learn at the college as part of the University Town College Programme, an alternative pathway to the General Education programme at NUS. Besides formal curriculum, students engage in vibrant student life activities and with faculty members, distinguished individuals and established visiting scholars in informal dialogues.
Tembusu College, National University of Singapore invites applications for College Fellows, to be appointed as Lecturer on the Educator Track.
Applicants from all academic disciplines are welcome. Tembusu College offers an array of Year 1 and Year 2 level seminar-style modules to fulfil undergraduate students' General Education graduation requirements. Fellows are expected to design, lead or co-lead seminar(s) in an interdisciplinary education environment.
In addition to formal teaching in the classroom, Fellows are actively engaged in out-of-classroom teaching and learning activities. They also support the running of the College through service contributions and leading on key administrative tasks.
We are interested in candidates who are genuinely interested in and committed to supporting students in their holistic growth, individually as well as members of community in a living-learning context. This appointment will commence in AY2023/2024.
- PhD degree in the relevant fields; applicants without a PhD degree may be considered on a case-by-case basis based on their Master’s degree and working experience
- Relevant teaching experience
- Willingness to engage and mentor students in a residential living and learning programme
- Desire to pursue a career as an educator who is reflective, and is interested to engage in scholarly inquiry in teaching and learning
Applicants should apply online via NUS Careers at: https://www.nus.edu.sg/careers/ (Academic and Research Positions). Documents to submit are as follows:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Document not exceeding 1,500 words that includes
- teaching philosophy
- teaching experience
- administrative experience (if any)
- research activities (if any)
- community service or engagement (if any)
- involvement in student development beyond the classroom (if any)
- Names, designations, and contact details of three referees who can speak to your teaching and/or research, as well as your experience with student development and administration
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Application period: 1 Nov to 30 Nov 2022
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Tembusu College
Department : Tembusu College
Job requisition ID : 17828