Research Assistant, Grab-NUS
The Research Assistant will be responsible for data extraction, data standardization and integration, implementations for algorithms and methodologies based on state-of-the-art research in machine learning and big data for collaborative machine learning.
- Perform data cleansing and processing for analysis of real-world datasets from transportation and e-payment domains;
- Design and write robust, readable, and reusable code components and applications to implement state-of-the-art research outcomes in machine learning, artificial intelligence, and big data, with a focus on computer vision, NLP, and AI explainability;
- Assists with the editing and preparation of manuscripts, reports and presentations;
- Participate in presentations and demos for exhibiting work at appropriate events.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science with a focus in AI/Machine Learning/Big Data;
- Solid programming and application development skills with experience in Python/Perl/R. Mastery of programming languages such as C/C++/Java, and experience with Tensorflow would be a plus;
- Ability to read and understand methodologies in research papers;
- Fluent in English and good team-player.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.