Waipapa Taumata Rau | The University of Auckland
The University of Auckland is New Zealand’s leading university. We employ more than 5400 academic and professional staff to support over 41,000 students, making us one of NZ’s largest employers.
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
Applications are invited for a Lecturer / Senior Lecturer to join our Engineering Science department on a permanent, full-time basis. Our department is committed to using mathematics, computation and technology to further understand, plan, and optimise our world. The department has strengths in the planning and optimization of green energy, health-sector analytics, and transportation, while undergoing theoretical research in operations research techniques such as mathematical programming, multi-objective optimization, heuristics and statistical machine learning.
The successful applicant will undertake high-quality teaching and research in Operations Research, Data Analytics, Artificial Intelligence and related/similar areas.
This is a full time, 40 hours per week role. It is permanent, and the salary range is $85,000 - $135,000 per annum depending on experience and qualifications.
For more detailed information about the responsibilities and requirements of the role, please review the Position Description.
He kōrero mōu | About you
Ideal candidates will possess or demonstrate:
- A PhD in Engineering Science, Operations Research, Optimisation, Applied Mathematics or a similar field.
- A record and/or a capability of successful teaching and research supervision at the undergraduate and/or postgraduate levels in areas relevant to this position
- A strong track record of research and/or publications in the field
- A commitment to student success and a drive to deliver a high quality learning experience
- A collaborative approach, coupled with strong communication skills
- A commitment to supporting a safe and inclusive environment for all staff and students
We value diversity and so would encourage applications from people who identify with groups that are typically underrepresented in the Engineering sector.
Mō tō mātou rōpū | About us
Pūtaiao Pūhanga | Engineering Science
Our department offers two undergraduate specialisations – Engineering Science and Biomedical Engineering, and a number of postgraduate options including a Postgraduate Certificate, Postgraduate Diploma and Masters in Operations Research and Analytics, a Master of Energy and a Master of Engineering. Find out more about the Pūtaiao Pūhanga | Engineering Science department, and our student and graduate stories via these links.
Te Herenga Mātai Pūkaha | Faculty of Engineering
Our faculty has a strong and innovative vision for the future, delivering learning and research excellence to enable our students to thrive and succeed and become graduates who make a positive impact on their community and world around them.
The Faculty of Engineering is large and multi-faceted, and maintains a strong culture of excellence in research and student-centric learning. The faculty is also committed to Mātauranga Māori - the unique Māori way of viewing the world – encompassing traditional knowledge and culture – and actively seeking meaningful ways to reflect this in our teaching, research, and how we work together.
Find out more about our faculty via the links below:
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou | What we offer
The University of Auckland is committed to providing an excellent working environment through:
- Flexible employment practices and a culture that supports work-life balance
- Career development programmes
- A competitive salary with five weeks’ annual leave
We also offer a 6.75% superannuation scheme, discounted car parking, a generous parental leave allowance, and a number of other discounts on internal and external services.
For more information please visit our Staff Benefits page.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Applications should be submitted online, before the closing date of Wednesday 30th November, 2022 and include an up to date CV and cover letter outlining what strengths you will bring to this role.
If you have any questions about this role, please get in touch with Associate Professor Piaras Kelly for a confidential discussion on email@example.com.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTQITakatāpui+, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz
More searches like this
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Academic Posts Leeds London (Greater) jobs in Manchester
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors Leeds London (Greater) jobs in Manchester
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Lecturers / Assistant Professors Leeds London (Greater) jobs in Manchester
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Research Related Leeds London (Greater) jobs in Manchester