Career Opportunity for Academic Professional in Our School of Science, Engineering and Technology
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES FOR ACADEMIC PROFESSIONALS IN OUR SCHOOL OF SCIENCE, ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY (SSET), RMIT VIETNAM
RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi since 2001. We provide internationally recognized, high-quality education and professional training for students, clients, and the community, and assist in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries.
The School of Science, Engineering & Technology at RMIT Vietnam is associated with the STEM College of RMIT University Melbourne, delivering the College’s award programs and developing research in the field(s) of science, engineering and health.
Programs currently taught on Vietnam campus include
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical and Electronics)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Software Engineering)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Robotics & Mechatronics)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Aviation)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Psychology)
- Doctor of Philosophy
New programs planned to start at RMIT Vietnam this year include:
- Master of Artificial Intelligence
- Master of Cyber Security
- Bachelor of Science (Food Technology & Nutrition)
Video about the school can be found here
At RMIT Vietnam we are always on the lookout for academic professionals to support us in the delivery of our programs across our University. Opportunities vary to align with specific background and expertise required.
If you think that you have what we need in terms of teaching experience, research and industry engagement experience which aligns with the programs listed above, then we are keen to hear from you. We are seeking your expression of interest to join our vibrant and culturally diverse School of Science, Engineering & Technology (SSET) in Vietnam, to support us in making a significant impact on the future of learning and teaching in Vietnam.
As an academic professional you will be given the opportunity to teach across undergraduate and post graduate programs whilst developing your own scholarly and research capabilities. You will be able to actively promote our programs by establishing and maintaining networks and partnerships with academic, industry and professional communities (locally and internationally).
- Master Degree (for Associate Lecturer) or Ph.D. (for Lecturer and Senior Lecturer level)
- Proven teaching experience in the discipline you are applying for. 5 years required if you are an expatriate candidate.
- Industry or professional experience.
- Strong research capabilities. Strong team player with an inclusive and collaborative approach.
- Culturally adept and agile.
- English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS Academic 7.0 and with no band less than 6.5 (or equivalent).
- For Academic Teaching Staff, English Language Proficiency may be proven by showing completion of Ph.D. and/or a Master's qualification whilst being instructed through the medium of English, supported by the experience of teaching in an English-speaking environment for the past 24 months.
- If you are an expatriate candidate, you will require a work permit to be employed at RMIT Vietnam. To qualify for a work permit you will need be able to demonstrate at least 5 years of teaching across relevant subjects in a tertiary education environment.
Our remuneration levels can be found in this document
- Highly competitive VND salary (plus allowances) for local candidates or attractive USD salary package (plus benefits) for expatriate candidates depending on proven track record in meeting all the key selection criteria.
- Expatriate candidates: Generous relocation allowance. Educational support up to US$15,000 per child annually, up to 2 children per family; private insurance coverage for staff and family; annual health checkup; Work Permit for staff, Visa and temporary resident cards for family members
- Expert support from our Mobility Team with regards to obtaining a work permit and visas, and with relocation and settling into living and working in Vietnam.
- Local candidates: 13th month Tet bonus + private medical insurance (for you and your dependents) + annual health check.
- 20 days annual leave plus 5 days paid leave Xmas closure, plus public holidays and 10 days paid sick leave.
- Flexibility with regards to hours for hourly positions
- Free access to the on-site medical centre and plenty of professional Wellbeing support services.
- Private Health insurance for you and your family, plus Personal Accident Insurance
- World-class Library and free access to RMIT Melbourne online library and resources.
- On-site gym and recreational facilities on both HCMC and Hanoi campuses
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
For further information, please click on the following link.
HOW TO APPLY
Please click on the ‘Apply Now’ button. We will review online applications throughout the year.
During the application process, you will be asked to upload the documents below. We recommend having them ready when you start.
- Curriculum Vitae/ Resume
- Cover letter
- A copy of your current ID
- Proof of highest qualifications
- Evidence of English Language Proficiency (if any)
- Other supporting documentation (if any)
30 thg 12 2022 11.59 pm
RMIT University Vietnam (RMIT Vietnam) is a campus of RMIT University. RMIT Vietnam is creating an innovative research, teaching and learning culture. We are committed to providing internationally recognised high-quality education and professional training for our students, clients and members of the community. As an internationally recognised Australian university based in Asia, RMIT Vietnam is assisting in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region.