Alliance University is a Private University established in Karnataka State by Act No. 34 of the year 2010. The University is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC), New Delhi.
Alliance University with its vibrant and picturesque campus in Bangalore, India offers multidisciplinary undergraduate and postgraduate majors to students from diverse backgrounds. Alliance Education, defined by excellence through an agile and market-driven approach in the faculties of Management Studies & Commerce; Science & Technology; Humanities, Liberal Arts & Social Sciences is guided by the core values of the University.
As a top-ranked university, Alliance University offers programs in Business Management, Engineering, Law, Liberal Arts, Economics, Science, and Applied Mathematics.
For more details, visit: www.alliance.edu.in
Alliance University invites applications for its Alliance School of Liberal Arts from highly accomplished professionals for the position of Professor in Design. The applicant must have a strong academic background and at least ten years of experience in teaching and research at a reputed institution.
Job Title: Professor – Design
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Continuously enrich the deliverables on learning aims of the curriculum for undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
- Guide, lead, and mentor students in research projects.
- Evaluate, monitor, and mentor students’ academic progress.
- Create, innovate and implement career-enhancement programs and activities.
- Assess, review and evaluate student activities and progress.
- Be instrumental in helping students secure career opportunities in areas of Design.
- Be instrumental in challenging the way students think, learn, and develop their understanding of academic disciplines.
- Develop core curriculum and deliver course material effectively.
- Publishing research, attending conferences and delivering presentations to build a strong research network.
- Make the best use of tools and technologies to facilitate understanding of students.
- To undertake research, either as an individual or with colleagues, of a level and quality that will result in regular publication in top-ranked international journals.
- Writing proposals to secure research funding.
- Organizing seminars and events to interact with established industry professionals.
- Review methods and teaching materials to make recommendations for improvement.
Note: The roles and responsibilities outlined above are not meant to be an exhaustive list of tasks. The need for flexibility is required and the job holder is expected to carry out any other related duties that are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably required.
- Ph.D. in Design or related areas from a top-notch institution.
- Demonstrated interest and competence in establishing courses and teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- A strong desire to publish in prestigious journals with the possibility to get outside funding for research initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience & proven track record in teaching to contribute to the PG/UG courses in Design including the supervision of bachelor’s and master’s theses.
- Great interpersonal skills with an effective understanding of pedagogical tools and processes.
- Ability to work in teams.
Qualification and Eligibility:
- Doctoral degree in Design or related areas from a top-notch institution with strong research and academic background.
- Minimum 10 years of teaching and research experience with renowned institutions as a full-time faculty.
- Minimum 10 research publications in highly reputed journals.
Vacancy: Multiple vacancies in the department of Design. Priority would be given to candidates available to join immediately.
Role: Teaching & Research
Compensation & Benefits: Alliance University offers competitive salaries commensurate with an applicant’s qualifications and experience. The University supports research through grants and incentives for publications. Additionally, the University offers subsidized campus housing, food, transport, insurance, and other benefits.
Industry: Education / Training
Functional Area: Teaching, training, and research
Employment Type: Full Time
Key Skills: Creative teaching, presentation, communication, innovative research, people engagement, and networking skills.
Apply to the open position by sending your updated CV and Cover Letter (highlighting your achievements, career goals, and ways in which you can contribute to Alliance University) to email@example.com. Quote AU/REC2022/THEUNIJOBS/P-DESIGN as a reference in your email subject line.