The Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS) Library seeks a resourceful, self-motivated and service-oriented individual to acquire and manage primarily electronic resources. The successful candidate will also provide curricular and research support and resource sharing services as well as assist with collection development and resource discovery. Reporting to the Senior Manager, he or she will be part of a lean team, working collaboratively to deliver timely access to information resources and services that support the learning, teaching and research activities of the SUSS community.
- Develop and deliver acquisitions and fulfilment services for the provision of access to print and electronic resources, digital content and other formats.
- Source, evaluate, select and curate information resources for purchase, subscription/licensing, renewal and facilitated access. Assist with collection development and maintenance activities.
- Work with publishers, vendors and aggregators and other stakeholders to configure platform settings and resolve problems with orders, subscriptions, licenses, invoices and inventory.
- Carry out acquisitions-related financial and rights administration, including creating, loading and maintaining vendor, fund, license and other related information in the library management system.
- Serve as administrator for content platforms. Analyse, monitor and report on resources and collections.
- Create and maintain documentation of policies, guidelines and procedures for the acquisitions, management and fulfilment of electronic, digital and print resources, and ensure operational efficiency and compliance with University policies. Provide training to staff as required.
- Provide research assistance and other onsite and online library services and operations as required. Will be required to work some evenings and weekends.
- Create and maintain online research guides and other web content for assigned subject areas to support student research needs.
- Identify and evaluate emerging trends and developments relevant to academic libraries and higher education, particularly in the areas of acquisitions and electronic resources lifecycle management, resource sharing, and recommend best practices for a digital-first library.
- Lead and/ or participate in library-wide initiatives and projects.
- Engage in continuous professional development, and serve the Library and University through representation on internal and external committees, where required.
- Perform other departmental or organisational accountabilities or duties as necessary or assigned.
- Postgraduate qualification in library science or information management.
- Recognised degree, preferably in the sciences, social sciences or humanities.
- 2-3 years of experience in acquisitions, serials and electronic resource management as well as the provision of library services including instructional, reference/ research support and outreach services, preferably in an academic library setting.
- Proficient with library management systems (e.g. Alma), finance systems, electronic resource management systems, linking and authentication tools.
- Proficient in word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software.
- Familiarity with web publishing tools such as LibGuides and WordPress.
- Excellent analytical, organisational, project management and problem-solving skills.
- Highly service-oriented with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently as well as foster teamwork and collaboration with internal and external parties.
- Ability to work according to changing daily priorities, to shift between multiple tasks effectively and thrive in an evolving work environment.