Associate Professor, Finance
- Full-time, Continuing position
- Salary Academic Level D + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements
- Based at the Melbourne CBD campus, but may be required to work and/or be based at other campuses of the University
About the Role
The Associate Professor, Finance will provide leadership and foster excellence in teaching and research efforts of the School of Economic, Finance and Marketing, within the University, and collaborate with community, and industry sectors. More specifically, the Associate Professor is responsible for providing original, innovative and distinguished contributions to the School's programs for maintaining and advancing their scholarly, research and/or professional capabilities relevant to this discipline at a national and international level. The Associate Professor will also teach and make a significant contribution to teaching and learning in the discipline with the aim of improving learning outcomes for students.
The Associate Professor will make a significant contribution to the planning and strategic direction of the School, taking on academic leadership roles involving participation in various committees within the School, College and University and external to the University, as appropriate. The Associate Professor may be appointed as Head/Deputy Head of Department.
To be successful in this position, you'll have:
- Demonstrated ability to direct an award program/s and implement program improvements and innovative approaches to student-centred learning and quality improvement programs.
- Nationally recognised research track record including substantial record of research outputs in high quality outlets and emerging international recognition.
- Extensive experience in research leadership with the ability to build and develop collaborative research teams, mentor academic staff to deliver high quality outcomes, attract and secure external research funding to sustain research effort, manage funded research projects including complex budgets and reporting requirements.
- Extensive experience in supervising higher degree by research candidates to maximise research performace.
- Demonstrated ability to lead scholarly development and manage and supervise academic teams and members.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to financial, governance and quality management systems within a University.
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal, communication and negotiating skills including the ability to consult with senior executives, external bodies, produce executive reports, negotiate agreed directions, outcomes and targets within a collaborative environment.
- Proven ability as an effective member of a management team that develops and achieves shared goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to teach in global locations and multi-cultural environments.
Mandatory: PhD or equivalent in relevant field.
Desirable: Climate and Sustainable Finance.
Please Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children and National Police Check.
About the School of Economic, Finance and Marketing (within College of Business and Law)
The school began as the Department of Economics and Finance in 1990 and in 2005 the discipline of Marketing joined the Department to become the School of Economics, Finance and Marketing. As a School we aim to provide practical, relevant, and innovative economics, finance, marketing, blockchain enabled business and social impact programs; research; industry training and consulting which graduates, employers, industry and university peers acknowledge as amongst the best available in the international marketplace.
We offer undergraduate programs in Economics, Finance and Marketing, postgraduate programs in Finance and in Marketing and Blockchain Enabled Business and higher degrees by research (Masters or PhD) in all three of our disciplines (Economics, Finance and Marketing). Our undergraduate programs are also offered at RMIT Vietnam and through our partnership with The Singapore Institute of Management.
We are a multi-disciplinary team with cutting edge facilities looking to engage with others.
Please submit your CV, covering letter, and a separate document addressing the Key Selection Criteria for this position by clicking on the 'Apply' link below.
For further information about this position, please see Position Description below or contact Kassie McKnight, Senior Talent Acquisition Advisor via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Shortlisting and interviews will take place towards the end of January 2023.
8 Jan 2023 11:59 pm
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 95,000 students and close to 10,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
Our purpose is to offer life-changing experiences for our students, and to help shape the world with research, innovation, teaching and industry engagement. With strong industry connections forged over 130 years, collaboration with industry remains integral to RMIT's leadership in education, applied and innovative research, and to the development of highly skilled, globally focused graduates.
Our Values inspire us, wherever we are in the world, and guide how we live and work together.
Imagination. Agility. Courage. Passion. Impact. Inclusion.
What unites us is our purpose and our values; they are at the heart of who we are, what we stand for, how we make decisions and connect with each other.
Our people make everything at the University possible. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to drive positive impact. RMIT exists to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. You will be a part of a productive and collaborative team, who values working relationships and outcomes through open and inclusive planning, continuous information sharing and transparent work practices.
Bring Your Whole Self to Work
We are better for our diversity. When we listen to those who are different to us, or challenge us, we grow stronger together. When we feel like we belong, we can achieve so much more. We respect each other, embrace our differences and build a sense of belonging in our team and beyond.
We are proud that our dedication to diversity has been recognised by a broad spectrum of external organisations. Visit our Linkedin Life pages to learn more and see some of our most recent wins.
RMIT has a strong dhumbali (commitment) to the employment, development and retention of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people within a culturally safe environment; we strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
RMIT is a Disability Confident Recruitment Team and we are happy to adjust the recruitment process for your accessibility requirements. Please contact us at TalentSupport@rmit.edu.au telling us your preferred type of communication and we will be in touch as soon as possible to discuss your requirements.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
Please note that whilst we still accept applications from any persons interested in our roles, due to the impacts of COVID-19, we are currently prioritising applications from those with current working rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates to Australia's immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
We are a Circle Back Initiative Employer - we commit to respond to every applicant.