Senior Lecturer, Mathematics
Senior Lecturer - Mathematics Department
- Teach Mathematics at undergraduate level in subject areas and on time schedules allocated by the Mathematics Department Chair
- Prepare teaching material including course outline, syllabus and lesson plans. Revise the subject matter on a regular basis as appropriate for that subject
- Contribute to the development, planning and implementation of a high quality curriculum
- Provide students with detailed syllabus, methods of instruction and evaluation in their courses
- Engage in the selection of textbooks and other teaching aids necessary to the instruction of courses
- Monitor students’ performance in their subject areas and provide remedial classes when necessary
- Set and mark exams, coursework, assignments, laboratory work, homework, and any other relevant activity
- Use up-to-date instructional technology and ensure the delivery is clear and consistent
- Supervise teaching internships
- Develop and improve their scholarly competence and effectiveness as teachers within the area of expertise
- Serve in a collegial fashion and in accordance to the University’s policies when dealing with other faculty members, students, administrators and members of the public
- Carry out any other duties commensurate with the position.
- Contribute to departmental, or University-wide working groups or committees as requested
- Contribute to student recruitment, retention and placement efforts
- Foster service by contributing to the community at large in participatory, developmental or advisory capacity
- Support and participate in student organization activities
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager.
Master's degree in Mathematics or a related discipline from an accredited institution.
Please note: Ph.D. holders must apply to Professorial ranks (Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Full Professor positions)
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Primary Location: KUK – Khalifa University
Job Type: Full-time