Research Assistant in the Division of Social Science
New York University: NYU - Global: Abu Dhabi: AD_Social Science
Location Abu Dhabi, UAE
The Division of Social Science, New York University Abu Dhabi, wishes to recruit a research assistant to support their nine new research clusters (MOD, Government and Public Policy, Global Dynamics, Computational Social Science, Development, Health and Demography, Culture and Diversity, Inequality, and Experimental). The successful applicant will be reporting to the Associate Dean of Postdoctoral Program and Research, Dr. Sabino Kornrich.
- Assists in carrying out a variety of research activities and provides general research support and administrative coordination.
- Supports in proposal/grant writing and assists in drafting progress reports.
- Assists in the design, management, and reporting of multiple interdisciplinary projects to internal and external stakeholders.
- Assists with delivering programming for postdocs such as seminars, working groups, and workshops.
- Supports the postdoc program in developing and implementing research deliverables.
- Supports publishing research findings in high-impact journals and conferences.
- Assists in developing content for the postdoc program media presence and manage the program’s social media pages.
- Acts as the central liaison and answers general queries for the Social Science Division regarding Human Subject Research at NYUAD and how to get involved in the studies.
- Exercise high standards and maintain quality control in documentation, data collection, and archiving.
- Acts as a liaison for Finance, Procurement, Provost Office Finance, and Post Award Research Administration:
- Assists with approvals for the Dean; processing and ensuring that all requests are approved in a timely manner (Cayuse, payments, Concur, and e-pro);
- Process vendor registrations, source quotations with Procurement and raise purchase orders for the research purchases;
- Manage the external engagement process to register, approve, and pay external individuals hired for the program
For consideration, applicants need to submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae and preferably two letters of reference, all in PDF format. If you have any questions, please email Prof. Sabino Kornrich at firstname.lastname@example.org
The applications will be accepted immediately and candidates will be considered until the position is filled.
NYU Abu Dhabi is a degree-granting research university with a fully integrated liberal arts and science undergraduate program in the Arts, Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities, and Engineering. NYU Abu Dhabi, NYU New York, and NYU Shanghai, form the backbone of NYU’s global network university, an interconnected network of portal campuses and academic centers across six continents that enable seamless international mobility of students and faculty in their pursuit of academic and scholarly activity. This global university represents a transformative shift in higher education, one in which the intellectual and creative endeavors of academia are shaped and examined through an international and multicultural perspective. As a major intellectual hub at the crossroads of the Arab world, NYUAD serves as a center for scholarly thought, advanced research, knowledge creation, and sharing, through its academic, research, and creative activities.
EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Employer
UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply