Information Manager, Nuclear Policy Studies
- Full Time
Singapore Nuclear and Safety Initiative (SNRSI) is seeking an information manager-cum-researcher to participate in research projects and consolidate information relevant to the group’s information projects. In addition to being involved in the nuclear policy research, as the information manager, the incumbent will also:
- Be responsible for managing the important research-related information of interest to the whole group, supporting the management and researchers. This includes the group’s activities as well as external information;
- Gather, keep track and distribute such information as needed;
- Conduct specific information projects and deliver information services, in particular, services to external stakeholders, or oversees such projects and services when assigned to others in the group.
Interested applicants should send in your CV and cover letter. Please prepare to obtain 3 letters of reference.
- Implement research plans
- Deploy data collection strategies including those involving human subjects, various survey methods, interview protocols, and literature reviews
- Organize and coordinate the group’s activities for the collection and management of information;
- Keep record of general information of interest to the group, in particular record internal organizational documents (not including general administrative information and documents) and keep a synthetic record of programmes and key information on the group’s activities and projects;
- Identify and specify IT-related needs in the group, implement tools to satisfy them;
- Define and manage information projects, including identifying needs, defining requirements, identifying suitable technical solutions, interacting with IT experts as necessary.
- Minimally a good Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline.
- Understanding and knowledge of a broad range of topics in nuclear science and engineering such as: reactor and fuel cycle technology, other applications of radiation, effects of radiation and radiation protection, relevant environmental science, nuclear safety.
- Some expertise in the specific topics listed above will be an advantage.
- Understanding of information management methods and the underlying information technology, ability to exchange and work with IT experts as an intelligent customer.
- Advanced experience as an IT user
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: S'pore Nuclear Rsch & Safety Initiative
Department : Nuclear Policy Research Team
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 16961