Research Assistant (Cancer Science Institute)
To provide support to the Principal Investigator in research projects, maintenance of laboratory inventory and administration. Research duties and responsibilities will include:
- assisting to develop and carry out experiments and performing biological, hemotological, chemical, or physical analysis and determinations as tasked
- organizing, preserving and presenting the results of the experiments in a logical manner to supervisors or in research meetings
- assist in supervising, training and guiding attachment/undergraduate students where required
- performing surgical procedures, geno-typing, post-mortem examinations, tissue collection activities, etc. involving laboratory animals, and when necessary to make injections and dissections
- cooperate in maintaining and planning for the needs of the lab team as well as to meet administrative duties that are assigned.
Honors degree (2nd upper class and above) in Life Sciences or similar field.
Candidates with 3-4 years of experience in a cancer biology laboratory and/or postgraduates will have an advantage.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.