Research Assistant in Geospatial Data Science for Urban Applications
- The researcher will work under the supervision of the Principal Investigator (PI) to conduct academic research and administrative work.
- The candidate will be focus on research activities at the forefront of geographical information science and urban data science
- Development of software tools, methodologies, datasets, and related solutions.
- Exploring new research directions and experimenting with new datasets and technologies.
- Assisting the PI in various activities in the research group and project such as supervision/mentorship of students and junior researchers, management, and assisting with funding applications.
- Design and conduct research studies; manage collaboration with other researchers and coordination.
- Conduct literature review on appropriate topics related to the project.
- Preparation of publications and maintenance of other forms of research output such as software and data after their release.
- Attending and following meetings, conferences, and discussions with various stakeholders.
You should demonstrate that you possess:
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree in a relevant discipline from a reputable university
- Experience with novel forms of geospatial and urban data such as digital twins and street view imagery – in particular acquiring and processing them with state of the art techniques.
- Solid experience in programming, preferably both Python and R. A developed Github repository will be viewed favourably.
- Good experience in computer vision / deep learning and image processing.
- Excellent knowledge of the geospatial process and spatial analysis in the domain of urban studies, together with GIS tools such as QGIS and/or ArcGIS, and geospatial packages in key programming languages such as Python and R.
- Experience in scientific publications, preferably journal papers.
- Curiosity and passion to explore new concepts, methods and technologies, and capability of identifying and quickly learning the most suitable tools for the research on the go.
- The demonstrated ability to conduct research independently and a track record of interdisciplinary research will be evaluated positively.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Architecture
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 17429