Facilitation Specialist, Programme and Service Management
4 days left
- Part Time
Programme and Service Management
The Institute for Adult Learning’s Specialist roles consist of a pool of adult learning practitioners who are proficient in the different training adult and education skills and knowledge.
As a specialist for facilitation, you will be responsible for improving the teaching and facilitation skills of both IAL staff who are involved in delivering programmes and workshops, as well as IAL adjunct adult educators (AEs) who deliver IAL programmes. The target outcome is quality teaching and learning, reflected in AE competence and confidence in using facilitation to deliver learning, and consistently high learner feedback on their learning efficacy. The job includes developing a mechanism to recollect delivery experience in both with data collection approaches and reflective mechanism, with an aim to identify and crystallise IAL pedagogies based on institutional design and reflective evaluation.
You will report to Head of Programme and Service Management on a 20-hour work week.
- Facilitate or co-facilitate between 10-20 hours of WSQ or non-WSQ IAL programmes each month. This can include facilitation of pilot runs of IAL-owned programmes, where the IP lies with IAL
- Coach IAL staff (LPDD and RD researchers) and CPD AEs in facilitation skills each month, through providing feedback on lesson plans, observation of facilitation and monitoring of AE and learner feedback
- Conduct 4 workshops a year for IAL AEs and IAL staff on facilitation best practices as an aspiring TAE leader
- A tertiary qualification preferably in learning/training and development
- Possess ACTA/ACLP/DACE or strong pedagogical knowledge/practice in Adult Education
- At least 10 years of experience in training and development, preferably in Adult Education
- Strong facilitation knowledge and skills, with relevant credentials and certification
- Possess good communication, networking and interpersonal skills
- High learning agility, be able to work under time pressure, and be highly adaptable to thrive in a fast-paced, fast-changing environment
- Be able to handle the work demands and deliver high quality work within the given timelines
- An entrepreneurial spirit to do things better, be open to possibilities, and be able to navigate technical, political, and organisational roadblocks that can emerge
The successful appointee will be based in IAL Campus located at Lifelong Learning Institute next to Paya Lebar MRT station