Academics for Undergraduate/Postgraduate Teaching in Interactive Design and UX
Casual Academics for Undergraduate/Postgraduate Teaching in Interactive Design & UX (User Experience Design) in the School of Communication and Creative Arts
Employment Type: Casual
Salary rate: Casual Academic Rates Apply
Casual academic providing teaching and a range of other academic activities during 2023 and 2024.
To be successful, you'll have:
- Relevant degree.
- Understanding of relevant subject content and skills demonstrated by academic achievement and/or professional experience.
- Professional experience in the field of Interactive Design with a complementary focus on Unreal Engine and/or, User Experience Design with a focus on Figma
- Excellent teaching skills and commitment to providing timely and constructive feedback on student assignments or capacity to develop teaching skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with others.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with students and staff.
AQF Level Guide
To teach units in:
- A Bachelor degree you must have a Honours degree, Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma or above (or equivalent experience)
- An Honours degree, Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma you must have a Masters degree or above (or equivalent experience)
- A Masters degree, you must have a Doctoral degree (or equivalent experience)
If you applied to our EOI in April this year and received successful confirmation of your application for Trimester 1/2/3 2022, you are not required to submit to this EOI again. You are on our teaching register and will be considered for all work over the next 12 months.
Your key responsibilities will be:
As a sessional academic you will make an important contribution to the discipline(s) and unit(s) for which you are engaged. You may be asked to prepare and conduct seminars, consult with students, undertake assessment and attend meetings as required by the Unit Chair.
Applications for this position close on 12 December 2022. Please submit your updated resume, a short 1 page cover letter and Extra Information document (no more than 2 pages).
For any queries regarding this EOI, please contact email@example.com
This role requires the incumbent to apply for and maintain a Working With Children Check (refer to Deakin’s Recruitment Procedure for further details).
To apply for this position, please address the following points succinctly and upload your responses on one page of a Word doc:
- List your highest qualification and relevant discipline.
- List your relevant university teaching experience and institutional location/s.
- Indicate your availability to teach on Burwood, Geelong and Cloud campuses.
Deakin Deakin is a Victorian university with a global impact. We are agile and innovative and committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education and research and contributions to the broader community. Our reputation has been built on the dedication and expertise of our staff. We offer a dynamic, diverse and inclusive working environment with opportunities to grow and develop careers. We believe that a progressive, thriving culture will ensure that people choose to come, stay at Deakin, and contribute to our ongoing success. As one of Australia’s largest universities, Deakin has strong global linkages, world-class research and an education portfolio that blends the best of campus and digital delivery into a highly supportive and personalised student experience. We offer outstanding education founded on the experience we create for our learners and guided by graduate outcomes for successful lives and careers. In addition, we undertake globally significant discovery research that benefits our communities through the innovative translation of our ideas into new services, products, policies and capabilities. At Deakin, we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture an inclusive, safe and respectful community. Deakin is an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality, a SAGE Athena SWAN Bronze Award holder seeking gender equity for women in STEMM, and a Silver Award holder in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sexualities and genders.