Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in Economics
Queen's Management School at Queen’s University Belfast is currently seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate to the post of Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Economics. This is a key post within the Queen’s Management School’s Department of Economics. At a time of growth, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to shape and strengthen the future direction of the Economics Department from both a research and teaching perspective. Our supportive research environment enables attendance at international conferences, facilitates the pursuit of high-quality publications and fosters meaningful engagement with non-academic stakeholders. The appointed candidate will get the opportunity to interact and work with colleagues whose research is internationally renowned for excellence and societal impact.
The successful candidate’s application should clearly demonstrate:
- A completed PhD (or very close to completion for Lecturer) in Economics or cognate fields.
- An established programme of research activity and dissemination of original, high-quality research in Macroeconomics/Microeconomics/Applied Economics, in line with accepted norms for Lecturer/Senior Lecturer.
- A sustained track record of high-quality peer reviewed Economics publications as appropriate to norms for Lecturer/Senior Lecturer.
- Evidence of the ability and willingness to teach (for Lecturer)/experience of teaching and assessing (for Senior Lecturer) at university level in one or more of the following areas: macroeconomics; microeconomics; economic policy; economics research methods; (applied) econometrics; environmental economics; health economics; any field in applied economics.
- Demonstrable ability to advance the teaching and research goals of the Department of Economics, and the School.
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria, click on the 'Candidate Information' link below.
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays).
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Race) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/.