Facility and Program Manager, Research and Prototype Foundry
- Leadership role within the University's nanofabrication facility, the Research and Prototype Foundry
- Opportunity to provide operational management for a world class research facility
- Continuing position with an attractive remuneration package
About the opportunity
The Facility and Program Manager provides operational management and technical leadership within the University's nanofabrication core research facility, the Research and Prototype Foundry. Reporting to the Academic Director, you will provide direction, expert advice, and guidance throughout the translation and implementation of strategy, policy and planning within the facility. You will manage a team of approximately 9 team members and ensure efficient operational management of the facility.
- postgraduate qualification and/or relative work experience in Chemistry, Engineering or Physics
- strong scientific and technical awareness of nanofabrication processes and experience in leading the technical direction of a nanofabrication facility
- demonstrated knowledge and acute awareness of relevant aspects of the Workplace Health and Safety Policy and relevant legislation, including Safe Laboratory Practices and Working with Hazardous Substances
- solid experience in implementing safety procedures and maintaining a strong team culture of safety
- demonstrated leadership, interpersonal communication, and managerial skills
- significant financial management experience and literacy, experience managing budgets and controlling income and expenditure
The position of Facility and Program Manager, Research and Prototype Foundry is an HE010 professional role and will be offered as a full-time continuing position, subject to the completion of a satisfactory probation period for new appointees. The successful candidate will be offered a competitive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities of the position and the candidate's relevant experience and qualifications.
How to apply
Applications (including a CV and cover letter outlining how your skills, capabilities and experience meet the requirements for the role) must be submitted via the link above. Please refer to the candidate information brochure for further details. If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply. For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact: Nicole Cunningham (Recruitment Partner, Recruitment Operations) on +61 449973799 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Sunday 16 October 2022 11:59 PM