Research Fellow, Human Potential Translational Research Program
The National University of Singapore invites applications for Research Fellow in the Human Potential Translational Research Programme (HPTRP), Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. The HPTRP aims to bring together researchers from a wide range of disciplines with an interest to maximise human potential. In HPTRP, focusing only on human studies, we aim to adopt a holistic perspective that considers human potential as an integrative measure of health, productivity, performance, human capital and overall well-being over the lifespan in our environment. Appointments will be made on 1-year contract, with the possibility of 1-year extension.
Purpose of the post
The Research Fellow will be responsible to lead and align studies with the overall goal of the funded project. The Research Fellow will work closely with the Principal Investigators and study team members to ensure the successful completion of projects in the programme on time. The Research Fellow’s role includes designing, planning and analysing the data collected.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Research Fellow will liaise with the relevant personnel in the project team and be accountable to the Principal Investigators.
- Ensure project milestones and deliverables are met;
- Design surveys for target groups, drawing upon literature review conducted and previous survey methods used and in conjunction with the relevant ethics applications;
- Train study team in methods and conduct case studies at sites;
- Lead research in human subjects including data collection, analysis and interpretation;
- Generate peer-reviewed publications;
- Maintain the highest standard of professional conduct and record keeping in accordance with policies and procedures;
- Maintain regular communication with other members of the research team and collaborators;
- Work beyond routine work hours due to the nature of our research;
- Hold a Ph.D., preferably in physiology, exercise or thermal physiology.
- Have a strong background and extensive research experience in human trials.
- Have a good record of international publications in human research.
- Have knowledge of computer applications, e.g. SPSS, MS office, PowerPoint.
Prospective candidates can contact Ms H’ng Shiau Chen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students is one of our utmost priorities and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require significant amount of physical interactions with student / staff / public members. Even for job roles that can be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
With effect from 15 January 2022, based on Singapore’s legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able work at the NUS premises. As such, we regret to inform that job applicants need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Dean's Office (Medicine)
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 10066