Post Doctoral Fellow
KU is seeking a highly motivated Post-doctoral Fellow to work on a research project that focuses on the application of nonlinear dynamical concepts, phenomenon, methods, and theories for vibration analysis in structural and rotor dynamical systems. Vibration analysis includes nonlinear vibration suppression and damage detection in rotor and structural dynamical systems. Those with background in nonlinear dynamics, nonlinear vibration, rotor faults nonlinear analysis and health monitoring of structural and rotor dynamical systems are strongly encouraged to apply. Moreover, sufficient level of expertise with numerical simulation and experimental data acquisition and analysis is required.
As part of the project, the researcher will have access to state-of-the-art research equipment and facilities at the vibration isolation lab and will get an opportunity to work alongside with researchers and graduate students from various backgrounds as part of a wider team.
- Ability to perform numerical simulation and experimental data acquisition and analysis.
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
- Only applications providing relevant nonlinear dynamics background to the position description and satisfying all requirements will be considered.
- PhD from a reputable university in Mechanical, Aerospace engineering or related discipline.
- Experience writing scientific or review papers;
- A willingness to contribute to a collaborative and supportive team culture
- Excellent English language communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- The proven ability to work on multiple tasks with competing demands and deadlines.
- Ability to train and mentor students and support fellow researchers
- Highly developed reasoning and problem-solving skills
- PhD gained from a top 200 QS or THE ranked University
- Relevant experience as a Post-doctoral researcher in academia or in industry.
- High impact first-author publications in top 10% journals in the relevant field
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Primary Location: KUK – Khalifa University
Job: Post Doctoral Fellow
Job Type: Full-time