Assistant Professor in Geographic Information System and Remote Sensing
- QATAR UNIVERSITY
- Doha, Qatar
- 04 Oct 2022
- End of advertisement period
- 10 Jan 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Social Sciences, Geography
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
The College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) houses nine departments, covering a wide range of undergraduate specializations in the Arts and Sciences including English Literature and Linguistics, Arabic Language, Mass Communication, History, Sociology, Social Work, Psychology, International Affairs, Policy, Planning and Development, Statistics, Chemistry, Biological Sciences, and Environmental Sciences. The College also houses Master Programs, which are M.Sc. in Environmental Sciences, M.A. in Gulf Studies, M.A. in Arabic Language and Literature, M.Sc. in Materials Science and Technology, and M.Sc. in Applied Statistics. In addition to a PhD in Biological and Environmental Sciences and a PhD in Gulf Studies. Additionally, the College offers a Program of Arabic for Non- Native Speakers. Also, there are two established research centers namely the Center for Sustainable Development and the Gulf Studies Center.
It is worth mentioning that as members of QU, CAS facultymembers have excellent opportunities to secure intramural and extramuralfunding for their research ideas. Qatar National Research Fund (QNRF) isa major source of research funding, with an individual project funding limit exceeding600,000 $/project and student research funding programs. As the national andlargest University in the country, Qatar University is the recipient of most ofthe QNRF awards, with many research-active faculty members able to win multiplegrants.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Teach courses in the area of expertise(Language of Instruction is Arabic)
- Applicants must have experience in conducting innovative and independent scientific research at the highest international level leading to high-quality publications. They must provide evidence of scientific research excellence in GIS and remote sensing related studies demonstrated by evidence of an active research agenda and a record of publications in top-ranked and field relevant journals meeting high international standards. Successful candidates are expected to have experience in obtaining research funding, work in interdisciplinary teams that address significant real-world problems, and to work in a wide range of collaborative programs and centers of research.
- Contribute to various committees at the Program, College, and University level
- Contribute to the research profile of College through research publications
- Serve as student advisor
- May be affiliated to Research Centers/Research Units at College level or University level
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Head of Department
- Ph. D. in Geographic Information System and Remote Sensing
- Strong peer reviewed publication record (must have) in Q1 international journals.
- English language is a must
- Teaching experience at tertiary level
- Familiar with educational technologies used in higher education sector
- Willingness to work with teams
- Awareness of working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both Arabic and English languages
- Cover letter.
- Current Curriculum Vitae reflecting the following information:
- Years of experience after PhD
- H index
- Google scholar link
- ORCID Number
- Number of publications published in Q1 journals during the last 5 years
- Number of publications published in Q2 journals during the last 5 years
- Number of publications published in Q3 journals during the last 5 years
- Number of publications published in Q4 journals during the last 5 years
- Number of publications published in Non-indexed Journals
- Number of Published Books
- Number of Published Chapter of Books
- Number of Graduate Students supervised and the role
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Research Plan
- Contact details of three referees contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
- Academic transcript of the Highest Qualification
- Any additional documentation deemed relevant to the application
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.
Returning Applicant: Pleaselogin in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) toupdate/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
For further information about the role send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Category: Academic
End Date of Advertisment: 10-Jan-2023