Research Fellow, School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
The School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering at Queen’s University Belfast, is currently seeking to appoint exceptional candidates to the posts of Research Fellows. The postholders will be highly productive, ambitious and collaborative members of the EPSRC CoatIN research project/team assisting in the development of research proposals and the planning and delivery of the research activity specifically in digitalisation of manufacturing processes.
The post is a critical role, and as such, successful applicants will have responsibilities in independent research, research planning and reporting and for collaboration with project partners.
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate you have:
- Obtained or be about to obtain, a relevant PhD in Mechanical, Mechatronics, Chemical, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Physics or closely related discipline.
Relevant research experience to include:
- The design of physical experiments, including the use of various types of sensors and the use of design tools (such as CAD, Labview, Matlab).
- A proven track record of carrying out analyses, critical evaluations, and interpretations of experimental data.
- A track record of publications commensurate with stage of career.
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria please click on the Candidate Information link below.
This post is available for 18 months or until 31/07/2024. Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding.
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Race) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/