Location: Highfield Campus
Salary: £26,396 to £31,411 Pro rata per annum
Part Time Permanent
Closing Date: Friday 21 October 2022
Interview Date: To be confirmed
We are looking for an experienced and versatile Senior Administrator to join our Public Engagement Team.
You will lead on delivery of comprehensive administrative support for the team and provide specialist advice and guidance across various strands of work:
- ensuring efficient use of systems, management of the office environment, reviewing and enhancing procedures and processes
- financial administration (including large-scale events expenditure, seed-fund award cycle, contractor/exhibitor payments, team travel/expenses, casual-pay arrangements)
- confidential secretarial/PA services (diary management, servicing meetings, documentation drafting/production/circulation)
- communications management via web, intranet, mailing lists and networks
- supporting delivery of a range of events (high profile Festivals, Showcases, Network Lunches, Research Cafes, PE Hub Events)
Regular liaison with a wide range of colleagues internal and external to the University to build and maintain excellent relationships of mutual benefit
This is a varied role in a small but dynamic team where flexibility and collaborative working are highly valued; our work can be high-pressured but also very rewarding and enjoyable.
The role is currently 28 hours per week but there may be scope to increase this.
The team is located centrally within Research and Innovation Services and works with all academic disciplines, many professional services teams and a growing number of external partners; find out more about us via our website or SharePoint (internal to UoS).
For an informal conversation about the role please contact Jo James email@example.com
You should submit your completed online application form at https://jobs.soton.ac.uk. The application deadline will be midnight on the closing date stated above. If you need any assistance, please call Janey Sturgeon (HR Recruitment Team) on +44 (0) 23 8059 4043 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Please quote reference 1997122TW on all correspondence.