Research Fellow, Chemistry
The successful candidate will work with Prof. Sam Li under a project on Cost-Effective Removal and Recovery of Heavy Metals from Non-Incinerable Wastes.
The main responsibilities of the position include:
- To develop metal chelators
- To conduct research on the reuse of clean industrial sludge as concrete
- To assist in conducting pilot tests
- To collaborate with potential offtakers to conduct tests on real samples and prototype processes.
- To develop processes to use recovered metals from waste as electrodes
- To develop novel metal catalysts for energy generation
- Qualifications / Discipline: PhD in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Environmental Engineering
- Skills: Research on development of metal chelators and conducting pilot tests.
- Experience: Metals extraction technologies and electrochemistry
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 13167