Research Assistant, IORA
Institute of Operations Research and Analytics (IORA) at National University of Singapore (NUS) offers an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Research Assistant to work on and manage analytics projects with our industry partners/funding agencies. The projects aim to develop new analytics tools utilizing unique datasets and research and experimental development on machine learning techniques. A major part of this role will be focusing on research relating to food supply chain.
Your project management and technical skills are the foundation of this role as you will be working within multidisciplinary and international project team of leading researchers. As an important and integral member of our research team, you will be managing some of our industry projects and working closely with faculty members, research scientists, and PhD students. Your business knowledge, interpersonal/communication skills are therefore a requirement to thrive in a multi-functional leadership team.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or related disciplines with a focus in AI/Machine Learning/Big Data
- Candidate must be able to work with fast moving, “hands-on”, results-oriented environments. He/ she will have a ‘can-do’ attitude and be passionate about building and developing new ideas and models
- Experience in managing research projects
- Solid programming and application development
- Good writing and presentation skills.
- Possess good interpersonal skills
- An ability to work in a collaborative team environment
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presences are required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.