Research Analyst / Project Manager, Asian Institute of Digital Finance
About the Asian Institute of Digital Finance (AIDF)
The Asian Institute of Digital Finance (AIDF) is a university-level institute in the National University of Singapore (NUS), jointly founded by The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS), the National Research Foundation (NRF) and NUS. AIDF aspires to be a thought leader, a FinTech knowledge hub, and an experimental site for developing digital financial technologies as well as for nurturing current and future FinTech researchers and practitioners in Asia.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Take ownership and responsibility for the successful delivery of research projects, ensuring they are completed within the required deadline and allocated budget, and meeting/exceeding project specifications and targets.
- Participate in pre-project activities such as identifying required resources to ensure project completion including staffing and organizational needs of the project team, and preparing high-level project plans with project timeline and resource requirements.
- Work closely with the AIDF research team on the agreed project activities and objectives.
- Monitor progress of research projects and provide necessary interventions to ensure smooth completion of the projects, including maintaining project issue register to manage all project issues until their resolution and escalating project issues that are not resolvable at the project team level. One of the first few projects includes Survey and Analysis.
- Manage and coordinate project deliverables, ensuring their quality and configuration management.
- Analyse and highlight project risks and develop necessary risk mitigation plans.
- Analyse and highlight project dependencies to pre-empt project issues.
- Manage industry partners’ expectations by understanding their needs and providing realistic expectations and the scope of the projects.
- Manage and work closely with various research and industry stakeholders, including providing periodic progress updates to project sponsors.
- Academic background in the following subjects is preferred: finance, economics, business, development studies, geography, or related disciplines.
- Experience in (or basic understanding of) survey development to elicit responses from various stakeholders.
- Candidates who are interested in the financial industry, developmental economics, or regional studies are welcomed.
- Basic understanding of the financial sector (banks and other financial institutions), financial markets, credit risk and scoring, and quantitative financial models.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage several projects concurrently.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, effective in coordinating stakeholders, fostering teamwork, and managing the high performance project team.
- Strong delivery management experience, with proven track records in managing and steering projects towards smooth execution and on time delivery.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Asian Institute of Digital Finance
Department : FinTech Research
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 9558