Senior Lecturer in Cancer Care
Health Sciences: Teaching & Learning
Salary: £53,354 to £63,674
Post Type: Full Time
Closing Date: 23.59 hours GMT on Sunday 06 November 2022
The School of Health Sciences is part of the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, and is a leading provider of undergraduate education in nursing, midwifery, and paramedic practice. The School also has an extensive portfolio of postgraduate and continuing professional development courses, research and consultancy. It has extensive links with local health care providers and undertakes research and practice development projects with NHS trusts as active partners.
- The School offers a wide range of innovative programmes in the field of Health Sciences.
- Research within the school is diverse, and focused in five distinct areas: cancer care, digital health, long term conditions and ageing, maternal, child and family health, and workforce, organisation and well-being.
- The School is in an exciting period of development with ambitious plans for the future that focus on the continuing development of excellence in teaching, building our international research profile and extending our clinical collaborations nationally and internationally.
We are seeking to appoint a Senior Lecturer to augment our thriving research in the area of cancer care: https://www.surrey.ac.uk/school-health-sciences/research/cancer. The post holder will develop research and teaching related to our Health Sciences programmes.
We are looking for a Senior Lecturer to join the school who can demonstrate the following;
- A strong national and international research profile.
- Evidence of leading a significant programme of research.
- Evidence of working with NHS partners and other stakeholders in developing joint innovative research projects.
- An excellent track record of publications, grants and postgraduate supervision.
- Your ability to lead/coordinate research activity in a relevant field and support development and delivery of the School’s research strategy
In addition to salary the successful post holder will receive a generous annual leave entitlement, excellent development opportunities and access to childcare assistance.
Further information about the University and the School of Health Sciences can be found at http://www.surrey.ac.uk/school-health-sciences. For an informal discussion about the post please contact Professor Katriina Whitaker; email@example.com
As part of our extensive benefits package at Surrey, these appointments offer access to an excellent USS (University Superannuation Scheme) pension scheme. We do recognise that some staff currently working in the NHS may prefer to explore whether they can continue with an existing NHS scheme, once they have moved to university employment. If you stop working for the NHS and take up an academic post at the University of Surrey, we are pleased to advise that you may be able to continue to pay into the NHS pension scheme; this facility enables you to continue to contribute towards your existing NHS pension despite no longer being employed by the NHS. Access to the NHS pension scheme will only be available if certain criteria are satisfied, so if this is something you wish to investigate, please do check directly with the University of Surrey Pensions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply please provide an up-to-date CV and evidence of how you meeting essential criteria as laid out in the sections on the application form.
The School is based in a modern, purpose built, state of the art teaching facility on the University of Surrey Manor Park campus in Guildford. The campus provides a pleasant working environment with close links to road and rail transport.
Closing deadline for applications is 23:59 on Sunday
Interviews will be held remotely via MS TEAMS date to be confirmed.
Further details: Job Description
For more information and to apply online, please download the further details and click on the 'apply online' button above.
In return we offer a generous pension, relocation assistance where appropriate, flexible working options including job share and blended home/campus working locations (dependent on work duties), access to world-class leisure facilities on campus, a range of travel schemes and supportive family friendly benefits including an excellent on-site nursery.
The University of Surrey is committed to providing an inclusive environment that offers equal opportunities for all. We place great value on diversity and are seeking to increase the diversity within our community. Therefore we particularly encourage applications from under-represented groups, such as people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups and people with disabilities.