Lecturer in Nursing x2- Full Time, Permanent
We are seeking to recruit 2x Lecturers in Nursing (any nursing field), who is passionate about the development of the nursing profession and preparing future nurses!
As a member of the nursing Subject Group, you will be joining a vibrant academic team who work with other colleagues across the school as part of a supportive, collaborative interprofessional community. You will be working with expert enthusiastic colleagues who are committed to providing an outstanding student experience on our nursing programmes, at all academic levels.
As part of your role you will teach, assess, support students as a personal tutor and lead modules and programmes in the School; with initial support and the opportunity to add a teaching qualification, if you are new to Higher Education.
You will be supported in the role to further develop your own academic career in your identified academic pathway (Professional Practice, Learning & Teaching, Research or Business & Enterprise) through access to a range of resources available to all University staff and through a coaching approach to personal development. We work in an inclusive way and can support flexible and remote working. We will also consider applications for part-time time working, job sharing and secondments.
If you are excited at the prospect of joining our fantastic interprofessional team as a Lecturer in Nursing, then we’d love to receive an application from you!
- Degree and/or Postgraduate degree (preferably Masters degree) in relevant discipline.
- Current registration with the relevant Professional Statutory Regulatory Body for the role.
- Demonstrable evidence of teaching, assessing, and supporting learners in a higher education and/or clinical practice setting.
- A growing research/scholarship profile including professional dissemination activity and/or peer reviewed publications.
- Commitment to sustained continuous professional/academic development.
- Experience of working clinically.
- Doctoral level qualification in relevant discipline.
- Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy or a strong willingness to achieve membership within 2 years of appointment.
- Evidence of applying for external funding.
For more information on this exciting opportunity, please see our full role profile here.
How will we reward you?
Salary: £42,155 – £51,805 per annum (Grade 6)
Join us and you will find that we offer support and recognition wherever due, as well as fantastic benefits such as an attractive pension with employer contributions of up to 23% and a minimum of 46 days holiday.
There are professional development opportunities, discounted access to onsite sports facilities and a wide range of other staff discounts. For more information about our wide range of benefits, click here.
The University is passionate about supporting the development of our academic community, so if you are someone who is new to academia or have less than 2 years’ experience you may be eligible to join our 2-year Early Career Academic Development Programme which has been created to support all new lecturers build the knowledge and experience to advance their career as an academic, through a structured development plan which will be in place when you join the University. You can find out detail about the programme here.
Closing date: 30 Ocotber
For general inquiries. please contact our Recruitment Team at email@example.com.
Edinburgh Napier is committed to creating an environment where everyone feels proud, confident, challenged and supported and are holders of Disability Confident, Carer Positive and Stonewall Diversity Champion status. More details can be found here.