Research Fellow (CO2 conversion)
A PostDoctoral position (research fellow) are available in the group of Assistant Professor Yanwei LUM at the Department of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering at the National University of Singapore (NUS). The goal of the project is to develop highly efficient and selective electrocatalysts for recycling of waste CO¬2 into chemicals and fuels. Such catalysts will be integrated into lab scale CO2 electrochemical reactors where conversion will take place. The research fellows are also expected to play an active role in guiding and mentoring undergraduate and graduate students in the group.
Some examples of activities to be carried out in the project are:
- Regularly perform materials synthesis and characterization for the development of novel electrocatalysts.
- Sample preparation for electrocatalytic studies.
- Carry out electrochemical techniques to determine electrocatalyst performance.
- Perform product analysis and quantification using methods such as GC, HPLC and NMR.
Candidates must have obtained a PhD in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Materials Science and Engineering or related fields.
Candidates are required to have the following skillsets:
- Materials synthesis for a variety of solid inorganic materials as electrocatalysts through various synthesis procedures.
- A strong understanding and extensive experience in electrochemistry and electrocatalysis is a must
- Working knowledge and experience in GC, NMR and HPLC.
- Experience in operando catalyst studies (e.g. in-situ Raman, FTIR and etc)
- At least 1-2 Publications in top tier journals (IF > 10)
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department: Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID:17335