Teaching Assistant, Department of Physiology
To assist in the conduct, coordination and administration of education matters pertaining to undergraduate teaching (practicals/tutorials for Life Sciences and Medical students), Continuing Education and Training (CET) courses and education research.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct and facilitate discussions during online or face-to-face practical/tutorial sessions involving small groups of students.
- Assist in setting and marking of tutorial questions, course assignments and practical reports.
- Assist in the incorporation of educational technology into teaching activities.
- Provide administrative support for undergraduate teaching modules, including but not limited to the management of Learning Management System and liaising with lecturer/s on setting up essential module information and course materials.
- Provide support on the preparation of practical/tutorial classes and logistic matters for Continuing Education and Training (CET) courses in the department.
- Assist in the conduct and execution of education research work within the department.
- Provide administrative coordination and support for Departmental Ethics Review Committee (DERC).
(Please state Qualification, Years of Experience, Knowledge & Skills required.)
- Degree in Biomedical/Life Sciences or related field
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Effective oral and written management communication skills
- Proficiency in education technologies would be preferred.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.