Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in Public Health
- Salary Package: Lecturer (Level B or Level C) from $110,274 to $154,843 p.a., plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading.
- Appointment Type: 0.6 FTE (3 days/week), fixed-term for 1 year
- Macquarie University (Wallumattagal Campus, North Ryde)
The Department of Health Sciences is seeking a suitably qualified academic to be actively involved in the development, implementation, and delivery of an innovative Master of Public Health (MPH) course and a new Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Science course. The Faculty has existing strong educational expertise, including in educational research that positions Macquarie University as a leader in the delivery of innovative academic health education.
You will have active engagement in public health practice ideally in the fields of physical activity and/or nutrition, and with experience in teaching and research. You will have the capacity and willingness to design and deliver public health units at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. You will also have experience with, or a willingness to embrace, educational technology, blended learning and educational innovation. In addition, ideally you will be able to demonstrate an understanding of the integration between research/practice and quality teaching, and how this integration can enhance student engagement.
The Faculty of Medicine, Health and Human Sciences (FMHHS) is ambitiously pushing the boundaries of progressive thinking and challenging what's possible to solve some of the big issues of our time, both nationally and on a global scale.
The Faculty's current education suite includes courses in clinical science, physiotherapy, medicine, exercise and sports science, public health, psychology, cognitive sciences, linguistics, audiology, and speech pathology. The Faculty forms part of MQ Health, an integrated academic health sciences enterprise which incorporates Macquarie University Hospital and primary and speciality clinics. We have active research programs in exercise and sports science, neurosciences, health systems and patient safety research, cancer medicine, and clinical sciences, amongst others.
We foster a values-based culture of innovation and creativity to achieve excellence in teaching and to enhance the research performance of the University. We invest in developing the careers and wellbeing of our students and staff and expect all our leaders to live our values of Caring, Integrity, Teamwork, Ambition, Innovation, and Engagement.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we've grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, please apply online by submitting your CV and a separate (2-page maximum) cover letter that details how you meet each of the following selection criteria:
- Master of Public Health or equivalent tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline and teaching experience, or PhD.
- A commitment and capability to deliver high-quality learning and teaching in public health, including the design, delivery, and management of online and face-to-face content, lectures, tutorials, and assessments.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with an ability to relate to staff and students from all backgrounds, work effectively in a team environment, and to represent the faculty to external stakeholders and the general public.
- Evidence of creating a superior student experience and engagement with undergraduate and/or postgraduate cohorts.
- Demonstrated engagement and contribution to the public health practice through industry partnerships, consulting, advocacy, education or research development.
Appointment to either Lecturer or Senior Lecturer will be in accordance with demonstrated qualifications, skills, and experience.
- Experience in teaching and/or research regarding physical activity and/or nutrition from a public health perspective
Specific role requirements (only if relevant to job)
This position requires criminal record and qualifications checking. Employment in this position is conditional upon holding a Working with Children Check Clearance.
Specific Role Enquiries: Head of Department, Associate Professor Verity Pacey at email@example.com
General Enquiries: Jasmine Xia at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Friday, 14 Oct 2022 at 11:55 pm
Equity & Diversity Statement
Learn more about our progress towards Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.