Lecturer, Social Work, Community and Human Services
- Institute of Education, Arts and Community –Berwick Campus
- Full-time, continuing appointment
- Academic Level B – $101,061, plus up to 17% superannuation
About the role
The Institute of Education, Arts and Community at Federation University Australia offers qualifications from associate degree through to postgraduate levels in humanities and social sciences, community and human services, visual and performing arts, early childhood, primary, secondary and vocational education and training. Our programs operate from campuses at Mt Helen, Gippsland, Berwick, Camp St and Horsham in partnership with community education providers and schools across Victoria, interstate and internationally.
As an integral member of our team, you will:
- identify and maintain linkages with appropriate agencies, developing placements according to academic program requirements;
- brief and supervise and liaise with students while on placement;
- network with external professional, health, educational and community agencies;
- assist with the development of partnership arrangements;
- contribute to the development and delivery of social work, community and human services courses;
- contribute to the delivery and development of online teaching resources;
- contribute to the Discipline and Institute’s administrative functions; and
- travel to other campuses and undertake multi-campus activities.
About Federation University
At Federation University, we are driven to make a real difference to the lives of every student, and to the communities we serve.
Across our university and TAFE campuses in Ballarat, Berwick, Brisbane, Gippsland, and the Wimmera, we deliver world-class education and facilities. With the largest network of campuses across Victoria, as well as a growing Brisbane base, we are uniquely positioned to provide pathways from vocational education and skills training at Federation TAFE through to higher education.
Federation University’s Strategic Plan 2021-2025 outlines our ambition to be Australia’s leading regional university. Our University and TAFE provide integrated lifelong learning, skills, and impactful research enabling people and communities to prosper locally, regionally, and globally.
We are the number one ranked University in Australia for First Generation Student Enrolments (Good Universities Guide 2022). Along with top rankings in Victoria around student support, social equity, skills and employment.
- Number one in Victoria for Social Equity
- Number one in Victoria for Skills Development (undergraduate)
- Number one in Victoria for Student Support (undergraduate)
- Number one in Victoria for Skills Development (postgraduate)
- Number one in Victoria for Full Time Employment (undergraduate)
You will possess proven educational, research and professional experience and embed long and short-term research strategies for the School within the strategic framework of the University.
You will demonstrate:
- experience in academic administration, including the course administration;
- capacity and preparedness to further pursue pedagogically developed Field Education practices;
- interpersonal, oral and written communications skills and an ability to relate well to students,
How to apply
Please apply by Sunday, 16 October 2022.
Applicants are required to submit a resume and address the key selection criteria or suitability statement.
To view the position description, please visit careers.federation.edu.au
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please email the Recruitment team or phone 03 5327 9756. Our position descriptions also list a contact person for job specific enquiries.
A workplace for remarkable people
For 150 years we have been reaching out to new communities, steadily building a generation of independent thinkers united in the knowledge that they are greater together.
We are committed to attracting, retaining and developing the best talent in the regions in which we operate. From our academic and research staff to those working in student experience, we are all part of a collaborative culture that inspires the highest levels of excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. We are proud of our SAGE Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation in 2019 for recognising our commitment to advancing the careers of women, trans and gender diverse individuals in STEM disciplines in higher education and research.
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sexualities and genders. Should you require additional support please email Organisational Development and Diversity.
Find out more about our Aboriginal and Torres Islander Employment Strategy. For support or queries relating to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment please email Organisational Development and Diversity.
What we offer
We foster a positive culture shaped by our values of inclusion, innovation, excellence, empowerment and collaboration as outlined in Federation’s Living Values Charter.
You will be able to take advantage of our UniSports Health and Fitness Centre in Mt Helenhttps://uqsport.com.au/, in addition to benefits such as purchased leave, annualised hours, flexible work options, salary sacrificing options, on-campus childcare (Mt Helen and Gippsland), discounted private health insurance, affordable parking, wellness programs, professional development programs and many other benefits. For further information visit our LinkedIn Life page or our leave and work-life balance webpage.
For more information on a career with us, please visit our website or let our staff tell you more https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg_6dvxP8cA.