Higher Degree Research Student Experience Senior Officer
- Full-time, Continuing position
- Salary Level HEW 7 + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements
- Based at the Melbourne CBD campus, and hybrid ways of working
The HDR Student Experience Senior Officer will provide operational, administrative and secretariat support to the STEM Research and Innovation leadership to deliver an excellent experience for HDR students and streamlined running of two STEM Cluster Research Committees. The HDR Student Experience Senior Officer is responsible for providing high-quality administrative support for research events that support the higher degree by research experience, including research conferences, symposia, industry research events, and research planning activities.
The HDR Student Experience Senior Officer reports to the Associate DVC R&I and works closely and collaboratively with the Deans R&I, Chairs of Cluster Research Committees and Associate Deans HDR to deliver on strategic projects, events, and activities to support HDR student outcomes.
To be successful in this position, you'll have as a minimum:
- Demonstrated experience in operations or administrative roles within a research environment.
- Knowledge of data analysis methodology and presentation software
- Demonstrated client focus with excellent oral and written communication skills and high-level interpersonal skills, including proven ability to negotiate with internal and external parties, and to operate within the broad policy requirements of the university to complete tasks on time and to specification.
- Highly developed organisational and planning skills with strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple competing deadlines and effectively prioritise tasks.
- Demonstrated experience providing committee secretariat support, preferably in a higher education research environment, including scheduling meetings, consulting with the Chair to develop agendas, minutes, correspondence and Committee papers and communicating with members in a timely manner.
- Proven ability to work effectively as a member of a team and independently to deliver high- quality outcomes.
- Knowledge and understanding of the research environment in the higher education sector and ideally of the processes and practices in supporting higher degree research students.
Please Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children and National Police Check.
About STEM College
The STEM College holds a leading position and expertise in the science, technology, engineering, mathematics and health (STEM) fields. We are uniquely positioned to influence and partner with industry, as never before.
STEM College is a community of exceptional STEM researchers, teachers, inventors, designers and game-changers, supported by talented professional staff. We offer higher education programs across all STEM disciplines at the Bachelor, Master and PhD levels, and ensure our students experience an education that is work-aligned and life-changing.
Further information on STEM College in this link.
Please submit your CV and cover letter addressing your suitability for this position by clicking on the 'Apply' link below.
For further information about this position, please see the Position Description below.
Applications Close: 16 Oct 2022 11:59 pm
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
RMIT is a Disability Confident Recruitment Team and we are happy to adjust the recruitment process for your accessibility requirements. Please contact us at TalentSupport@rmit.edu.au telling us your preferred type of communication and we will be in touch as soon as possible to discuss your requirements.
Please note that whilst we still accept applications from any persons interested in our roles, due to the impacts of COVID-19, we are currently prioritising applications from those with current working rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates to Australia's immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak here.
We are a Circle Back Initiative Employer - we commit to respond to every applicant.